best performing laptop from amazon under £500

Ideally I'd like a 15'6 screen, backlight on keyboard and it will be used for the usual tasks but I'd like to be able to do some gaming on it too.

I received a lot of amazon vouchers as a gift, so that's why it has to be from there

5 Comments

it will be difficult to get something with a dedicated graphics card ( a must for gaming) for that price. There is a decent looking Lenovo y700 on amazon for 600£ at the moment.

Lenovo Y700 15.6 inch FHD Laptop (AMD FX8800P, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, AMD Radeon R9 M385X Graphics 4 GB, Windows 10) - Black amazon.co.uk/dp/…Q9J

Original Poster

Thank you! I'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks.

I don't game at the moment but it would be nice to have a laptop that could handle it

Be careful there are a lot of dodgy marketplace sellers out there. Could be worth holding out until Black Friday if you can. The most you are currently likely to get is either a GT940M graphics card (just possibly) with an i5, or an R7 M360 (there's a Lenovo Ideapad 500 with the M360 for that on Amazon at present, I managed to get one for £380 from Very but had to send back as kept crashing even after a reset, should have known better than to trust Lenovo - or Very!). I was able to run Max Payne 3 at 1080p with settings adjusted on it.
Edited by: "jazzuk777" 23rd Oct 2016

Original Poster

jazzuk777

Be careful there are a lot of dodgy marketplace sellers out there. Could … Be careful there are a lot of dodgy marketplace sellers out there. Could be worth holding out until Black Friday if you can. The most you are currently likely to get is either a GT940M graphics card (just possibly) with an i5, or an R7 M360 (there's a Lenovo Ideapad 500 with the M360 for that on Amazon at present, I managed to get one for £380 from Very but had to send back as kept crashing even after a reset, should have known better than to trust Lenovo - or Very!). I was able to run Max Payne 3 at 1080p with settings adjusted on it.

Thank you, I'll bear your suggestions in mind

shem2409

it will be difficult to get something with a dedicated graphics card ( a … it will be difficult to get something with a dedicated graphics card ( a must for gaming) for that price. There is a decent looking Lenovo y700 on amazon for 600£ at the moment. Lenovo Y700 15.6 inch FHD Laptop (AMD FX8800P, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, AMD Radeon R9 M385X Graphics 4 GB, Windows 10) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019WBDQ3K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fendyb7QKVQ9J

Time machine alert - was £549 last week or week before. Hopefully may go down again I guess
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google assistant notification44
    2. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland33
    3. Mayweather vs Mcgregor11
    4. GAP Insurance Recommendations55

See more discussions