Found 31st May 2007
My new westie is due to be born this week and will be ready to take home in about 8 weeks. What's the best pet insurance/provider to go for?

My sisters policy (for her dog!) means she has to pay the vet up front and then claim it back, which I don't fancy as vet bills are usually huge.

15 Comments

Banned

Marks and Spencers.

As for paying the vet and claiming it back, that would be your vets choice not the insurance.

Sloth/Mod

Make sure you choose someone that covers the life of the illness and not just 1 year etc or to a maximum of such and such amount.

Pet Plan are excellent although expensive and More Than are crap. :thumbsup:

Never had any problem from M&S money - and you can get zero excess for about 10p per month (lol - try it on thier site !!)

They removed my free excess after the 1st year, so I cancelled & signed up again via thier site and had no problems

Original Poster

M&S want about £13.79 a month and offer £7000 maximum claim for the life of the policy. It doesn't say anything about illnesses only being treated once.

Pity they don't seem to offer Quico... :whistling:

when i got insurance last year when mine was a pup i searched loads and found esure the best .

Try Halifax , they were cheapest for me and have cover for life , also Quidco cashback :thumbsup:

halifaxpetinsurance.co.uk

Tesco are good for me...

I filled the claim form in, the vet did their part and sent it to Tesco for the funding. Not paid anything up front.

Banned

No insurance is best, if it becomes too ill the dog should be put down, not made to suffer on. Any injuries should be covered by a years saved up in insurance premium anyway, at least then you keep the interest and if the dog doesn't fall ill or have any accidents you've got the money at the end when the animal passes on.

lumoruk

No insurance is best, if it becomes too ill the dog should be put down, … No insurance is best, if it becomes too ill the dog should be put down, not made to suffer on. Any injuries should be covered by a years saved up in insurance premium anyway, at least then you keep the interest and if the dog doesn't fall ill or have any accidents you've got the money at the end when the animal passes on.

What a load of rubbish, so if i saved up my premiums for a year it would be £48 i dont think i would get much for that at the vets !

suchafunkymonkey

Pity they don't seem to offer Quico... :whistling:

Haha - click the M&S Finance Quidco link, I got £6 back !!!!!

lumoruk

No insurance is best, if it becomes too ill the dog should be put down, … No insurance is best, if it becomes too ill the dog should be put down, not made to suffer on. Any injuries should be covered by a years saved up in insurance premium anyway, at least then you keep the interest and if the dog doesn't fall ill or have any accidents you've got the money at the end when the animal passes on.

I have a 1 year old cat with weak ligaments in her hind legs, the cost of the operation is £360 per leg which will stop her from any discomfort from the knee popping out throughout her life...

The cost of insurance is £10 (for 2 cats) per month for the year...

That to me is £120, plus £40 for excess, which at the moment means the most I am paying out £200.

Tell me how that plus interest adds up to anything near what the operations are costing?

You complete and utter anus.

Original Poster

lumoruk

Have you ever taken an animal to the vets?!?? It costs you more than your annual premium just for them to look at the animal.
I took the mother-in-law's dog because it kept on being sick, the vet stuck two fingers up the dogs backside and pulled out a load of orange turd with berries in it and stuck it under my nose. He said the dogs been eating berries and we should stop it and give her pasta until it cleared up. And then he charged me £60.

You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

suchafunkymonkey

and pulled out a load of orange turd with berries in it and stuck it … and pulled out a load of orange turd with berries in it and stuck it under my nose.

Thanks for that lovely image while eating my tea! :giggle:

Banned

suchafunkymonkey

Have you ever taken an animal to the vets?!?? It costs you more than … Have you ever taken an animal to the vets?!?? It costs you more than your annual premium just for them to look at the animal.I took the mother-in-law's dog because it kept on being sick, the vet stuck two fingers up the dogs backside and pulled out a load of orange turd with berries in it and stuck it under my nose. He said the dogs been eating berries and we should stop it and give her pasta until it cleared up. And then he charged me £60.You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

blah blah blah blah blah taken plenty of dogs to the vet, but you all pay the bills for my dogs. Work that out!

Marks and spencer was best for Mums cat and I got the quidco too. Renewal premium was higher tho so go through the website again and when it asks you if you have other insurance with them put in your original policy number - brought mums down by about £10.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free sweet Sunday’s code22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769365
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3067
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380

See more discussions