Groups

best phone and deal for phone used for incomming calls only

No Internet needed 98 % of calls will be incoming

20 Comments

Original Poster

Only want to top up as required

Giffgaff. As long as someone phones the number every few months it stays active.

Original Poster

pooool

Hows about this one: … Hows about this one: https://www.fastcodesign.com/3068232/nokia-is-bringing-back-the-original-dumbphone

That would be perfect on cheap top up but I need one now

CPW

have upgrades for £2.99
    carphonewarehouse.com/mob…tml!/sort/p_t_upfrontprice/tab/upgrade
    o2 had a nice phone for £1.99 but they just put the price up
    if it is for incoming calls only then only the price and if it is unlocked are the considerations ?
    if it for an elderly relative then big buttons and so on might be a thing
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 18th Feb

Surely a 3 Mobile 321 SIM with £10 top up will be fine.

Any other dealers care to comment?
    Edited by: "vinsona85" 18th Feb

Alcatel £5.99 delivered next day direct from o2. Immense battery life of 340 hrs standby o2.co.uk/sho…ew/
    A SIM for use with the o2 PAYG tariff of your choice is provided with the handset but there is zero requirement to buy top credit with the handset, but may need to buy credit a few months after SIM activation to make a chargeable call / text to maintain active service.

miles136

That would be perfect on cheap top up but I need one now

​when you say now, do you mean today or this week miles.

AndyRoyd

Alcatel £5.99 delivered next day direct from o2. Immense battery life of … Alcatel £5.99 delivered next day direct from o2. Immense battery life of 340 hrs standby https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/alcatel/20.45x-like-new/#contractType=payasyougoA SIM for use with the o2 PAYG tariff of your choice is provided with the handset but there is zero requirement to buy top credit with the handset, but may need to buy credit a few months after SIM activation to make a chargeable call / text to maintain active service.

Yeah that is what I referred to seemingly unlockable from O2 however

thewongwing101

Yeah that is what I referred to seemingly unlockable from O2 however

OP hasn't excluded any operators so an unlock option is presumably not relevant. £5.99 delivered is a throwaway price once the requirement has ceased.

AndyRoyd

OP hasn't excluded any operators so an unlock option is presumably not … OP hasn't excluded any operators so an unlock option is presumably not relevant. £5.99 delivered is a throwaway price once the requirement has ceased.

indeed
    £1.99 was better if we had a time machine..... (_;)
    the £2.99 from cpw is better inb4 upgrades a pain

​do u need to top up or not as looking into reviews this has been free to a few people before. some funny comment's in the reviews.

Original Poster

thanks for your help. the reason I need it is my niece keeps posting pics of herself on whats app, snap chat and other places first time was 2yrs ago when she was 9, topless pics to her friends pouting, she was punished and explanation why she can not do it, a few weeks later she did it again so phone taken off her and smashed up to show she was not getting it back as per warning - so no phone for a year. last birthday she got a new phone, we went through the rules, but with in weeks she had the apps she was told not to have, so removed once again for 6 months, it was retuned yet again with the usualy promises, of what she will not do.

2 months later parents called to school because there are pics of her being passed around the school of her in bra and nickers pouting bending over .... she is 11. she says her friend asked her to do them it was a joke

she has not had a phone for a few months now, so I have suggested we get her another phone but basic and she would only need to make calls home if she misses bus....

miles136

thanks for your help. the reason I need it is my niece keeps posting pics … thanks for your help. the reason I need it is my niece keeps posting pics of herself on whats app, snap chat and other places first time was 2yrs ago when she was 9, topless pics to her friends pouting, she was punished and explanation why she can not do it, a few weeks later she did it again so phone taken off her and smashed up to show she was not getting it back as per warning - so no phone for a year. last birthday she got a new phone, we went through the rules, but with in weeks she had the apps she was told not to have, so removed once again for 6 months, it was retuned yet again with the usualy promises, of what she will not do.2 months later parents called to school because there are pics of her being passed around the school of her in bra and nickers pouting bending over .... she is 11. she says her friend asked her to do them it was a jokeshe has not had a phone for a few months now, so I have suggested we get her another phone but basic and she would only need to make calls home if she misses bus....

Went through something similar with mine years ago, but first warning and PC barring worked.

Alcatel 10.16, and 10.40 I know are basic phones as I had them as backup mobiles, not even a crappy camera on them. You can pick them up for £5-£10.

Camera free:

10.16 is £4.99 at Argos on EE argos.co.uk/pro…399

But I would go for the RED
    Nokia 130 £7.99 at Argos argos.co.uk/pro…520

Alcatel 10.35 Flip phone £9.99 argos.co.uk/pro…206
    Edited by: "seaniboy" 19th Feb

Nokia 3310. Bulletproof. Tried/tested

buckham_uk

Nokia 3310. Bulletproof. Tried/tested

​Nokia is relaunching again this phone...

miles136

thanks for your help. the reason I need it is my niece keeps posting pics … thanks for your help. the reason I need it is my niece keeps posting pics of herself on whats app,. she would only need to make calls home if she misses bus....

So a no-camera phone? Suggest same as seaniboy of Alcatel 10.16 but via EE direct as only £0.79 + £10 top-up compared to Argos £4.99 + £10 top-up. When landing on product page, scroll down towards very bottom and select "or just top-up" shop.ee.co.uk/mob…ils

AndyRoyd

So a no-camera phone? Suggest same as seaniboy of Alcatel 10.16 but via … So a no-camera phone? Suggest same as seaniboy of Alcatel 10.16 but via EE direct as only £0.79 + £10 top-up compared to Argos £4.99 + £10 top-up. When landing on product page, scroll down towards very bottom and select "or just top-up" http://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-as-you-go/alcatel-10-16-payg/details#

"Like" missing again HUKD ??

Nice spot Andy!

miles136

thanks for your help. the reason I need it is my niece keeps posting pics … thanks for your help. the reason I need it is my niece keeps posting pics of herself on whats app, snap chat and other places first time was 2yrs ago when she was 9, topless pics to her friends pouting, she was punished and explanation why she can not do it, a few weeks later she did it again so phone taken off her and smashed up to show she was not getting it back as per warning - so no phone for a year. last birthday she got a new phone, we went through the rules, but with in weeks she had the apps she was told not to have, so removed once again for 6 months, it was retuned yet again with the usualy promises, of what she will not do.2 months later parents called to school because there are pics of her being passed around the school of her in bra and nickers pouting bending over .... she is 11. she says her friend asked her to do them it was a jokeshe has not had a phone for a few months now, so I have suggested we get her another phone but basic and she would only need to make calls home if she misses bus....

did you get it sorted miles?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue35
      2. Are smart parking limited legitimate44
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)511
      4. Virgin Media - what is a good price?614

See more discussions