Best phone under 10 pounds?

Found 29th Jan 2015
Just looking for a cheap mobile.
Any recommendations?
There is the Nokia 106… Alcatel tribe, which looks like a blackberry, and I saw the VM 585.
Anyone tried those? I'm open to suggestions.

12 Comments

Best to compare the processor speed and all the phone's specifications, RAM, upgradable operating system, expandable memory etc. Then watch loads of reviews on youtube before you take the plunge

Sandy1012

Best to compare the processor speed and all the phone's specifications, … Best to compare the processor speed and all the phone's specifications, RAM, upgradable operating system, expandable memory etc. Then watch loads of reviews on youtube before you take the plunge

doubt they have any of them check battery life and radio now if they are unlocked

Sandy1012

Best to compare the processor speed and all the phone's specifications, … Best to compare the processor speed and all the phone's specifications, RAM, upgradable operating system, expandable memory etc. Then watch loads of reviews on youtube before you take the plunge

like really ?
for under £10 ?

im also looking for a basic phone for my parents, only one i can find is about £19,
Nokia 106 from tesco.
Nokia 105 is £17 or so

stay a few hundred miles away from cheap locked nokia's, 100,105,106,108 etc etc
the cost to unlock them is more than buying the phones unlocked

hope this helps
Edited by: "ifti" 29th Jan 2015

Original Poster

Thanks for the warning about the Nokias.
I saw a very cheap one at Sainsbury. Not sure what network they are using?

ifti

like really ?for under £10 ?im also looking for a basic phone for my … like really ?for under £10 ?im also looking for a basic phone for my parents, only one i can find is about £19, Nokia 106 from tesco.Nokia 105 is £17 or sostay a few hundred miles away from cheap locked nokia's, 100,105,106,108 etc etc the cost to unlock them is more than buying the phones unlockedhope this helps

Sandy1012

lol

For older parents this may be a goer with it's simple layout and large buttons http://www.co
rdlessphoneworld.co.uk/mobile-phones/doro-phoneeasy-506-mobile-phone-sim-free-unlocked-big-button.htm?gclid=COvtnojnucMCFWTHtAod_iUApg

michaeln

For older parents this may be a goer with it's simple layout and large … For older parents this may be a goer with it's simple layout and large buttons http://www.cordlessphoneworld.co.uk/mobile-phones/doro-phoneeasy-506-mobile-phone-sim-free-unlocked-big-button.htm?gclid=COvtnojnucMCFWTHtAod_iUApg

Sandy1012

I wouldn't have a bar phone if you paid me, only a slide or clam shell, as you don't accidentally press buttons on these when they're in your pocket or handbag. Have a look on eBay for new or refurbished phones. I'm one of the older generation and have got an unlocked Samsung GT E-2550 which has camera, expandable memory, FM Radio, FB and lots more that I don't need. You can also turn off the infuriating 'bleep' that many phones make whenever you press a key.

mattmerch

lol

hmmm. Im glad somebody saw the funny side,

Grabbed a Nokia 105 From CPW the other day it was on EE but had a unlocked motherboard so just swapped them around
It said I needed £20 top-up but when I proceeded to checkout it said final price £0.99
Came within 3 days and still use it to phone abroad
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions