Best photo printer

Posted 20th Nov
Recommendations on the best mid price photo printers for a teenager into photography. Looking for something that will print small photos as well as A4. Want to be ready for any deals that come up!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
It’s probably worth getting something that can print up to A3 rather than only A4. Also the right choice of paper is really important when it comes to printing photography out as good photograph paper and selection of glossy or matt can really help to make an image pop on the paper. Anyway, the very important question, what exactly is your budget for the printer?
It is a big waste of money. Paper and ink are ridiculous expensive. Just send them to some photo service and invest the savings in a better lens.
Max £100 ish. We have a £30 Hp cheap one and it uses tonnes of ink. I am hoping to get a 2nd hand camera for around £200-250 so it’s to use with that. Still unsure about camera but think a bridge camera is the best option
Buckyball20/11/2019 18:11

It is a big waste of money. Paper and ink are ridiculous expensive. Just …It is a big waste of money. Paper and ink are ridiculous expensive. Just send them to some photo service and invest the savings in a better lens.

Yep, this. They can print far better quality for a much cheaper price than anything at home, especially if you have a budget of £100. You mention a ton of ink, that's about normal for photos and that's if they come out right first time every time.

As an example, I've just looked on Photobox. They do premium 6x4 prints for 9 pence each. 7x5 for 12p. Even with post and packing, you couldn't get anywhere near that at home.
Alternatively, hp instant ink, you pay for number of prints per months (usually 3-4months free max copies 150 per month) and you can print a4 photos at the wake cost as a page with one letter on it.
grommachine20/11/2019 21:32

Alternatively, hp instant ink, you pay for number of prints per months …Alternatively, hp instant ink, you pay for number of prints per months (usually 3-4months free max copies 150 per month) and you can print a4 photos at the wake cost as a page with one letter on it.

Good advice. Any particular printer recommend?
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

This is a newer version of mine and I have been very impressed with the photos I have printed. Currys says it offers 9months of instant ink. 89.99
That's 9 months of 300 free photos per month up to 600 roll over of unused, additional 20 photos for £1 if over the 300.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants