Best Place and Price to Repair Scratched Game Discs?

Found 24th Jul 2011
So basically, looking around for the best place to repair a few scratched discs of mine. They're all PS1 games (if that matters...)

I know that Game charge £2.99 for one disc or do 3 for £5, but I was wondering is there another shop that is better at it and cheaper?

I have already tried the "repair it yourself" liquids on other discs of mine, but they have never, ever fixed them. Although if someone knows of a particularly effective brand that definitely works then please do say!

Thanks for any replies
Community Updates
15 Comments
Banned
may not be of much help but i know ASDA do game repairs.

if not, i mean, £2.99? hardly breaking the bank?
Original Poster
Ah I should mention that I did notice the other post here about a month ago asking the same thing, but there was never really a conclusion or good answer to it. So thought I would give it another shot
Original Poster
DangerGod

may not be of much help but i know ASDA do game repairs.if not, i mean, … may not be of much help but i know ASDA do game repairs.if not, i mean, £2.99? hardly breaking the bank?

Would you happen to know their price?

And money is money! Aha if there's a shop near my game that charge less, then it's money saved to be put towards something else at the end of the day

But I know it's not a bad price, but I remember years ago Blockbusters/Gamestation charging a £1! (not sure which one as both of mine are in the same shop :|)
Banned
No i dont sorry, does take me back to this thread though hotukdeals.com/mis…104

which was rather amusing.

could always ring them.

good luck
Original Poster
DangerGod

No i dont sorry, does take me back to this thread though … No i dont sorry, does take me back to this thread though http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/asda-disc-repair-service/947104which was rather amusing.could always ring them.good luck

LOL

Funny you should post that!

Searching "asda disc repair" on google brought me to that thread a few mins before you posted it, gave me quite a giggle tbh.

Some people truly speak without thinking and like to think they know everything about anything And better yet have too much pride to back down when they have been proved wrong countless times, by countless members!

Thanks though
£1 at Asda. Always come up good
might be worth buying a scratch repair kit
SamRawr

Ah I should mention that I did notice the other post here about a month … Ah I should mention that I did notice the other post here about a month ago asking the same thing, but there was never really a conclusion or good answer to it. So thought I would give it another shot

It was my post.I've bought a SkipDR & will try the disc on it today & let you know how it went.

amazon.co.uk/Dig…K9Y
£2.99? What a rip off. I'd only pay a quid! There's probably people that do it on eBay, check that out
If its old PS1 games I bet you could buy most of them cheaper and replace rather than repair, saw someone today with a banana box full of them for a fiver the lot.
Original Poster
harlzter

If its old PS1 games I bet you could buy most of them cheaper and replace … If its old PS1 games I bet you could buy most of them cheaper and replace rather than repair, saw someone today with a banana box full of them for a fiver the lot.

Ah you would think, but I have a couple that hit £80 - £100 on eBay, so £1 is a lot cheaper to repair than replace

Although that's incredible! Especially if there were some good/rare ones in there
Original Poster
WheresMeNuts

It was my post.I've bought a SkipDR & will try the disc on it today & let … It was my post.I've bought a SkipDR & will try the disc on it today & let you know how it went.[url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FDigital-Innovations-10185-Premier-Automatic%2Fdp%2FB00080YK9Y]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Innovations-10185-Premier-Automatic/dp/B00080YK9Y[/url]

Ooh okay please do tell me how it goes!
Original Poster
oldmanhouse

£2.99? What a rip off. I'd only pay a quid! There's probably people that … £2.99? What a rip off. I'd only pay a quid! There's probably people that do it on eBay, check that out

That was my thought exactly

Especially as I remember it being £1!

But yeah possibly, although I'm sure postage there and back would make up for whatever low price they're charging and at least with Game or a retail shop, it's someone you can trust and go face to face and moan if they make the disc worse? I wonder what they do when that happens aha
Asda is £1 for repairing cd's and games
Original Poster
missgem

Asda is £1 for repairing cd's and games

Thank you

The only down side is my Asda is absolute miles away from me! Although I sometimes make a trip there so will bear in mind
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants