Expired

Best place for Ford approved servicing?

Found 1st Jul 2009
Hi everyone, I have just been told that the first service (from my local Ford dealer) for my 58 reg Ford Fiesta 1.25 is going to cost £133! (All that money just for an oil change!) Is there anywhere else I could go to get a cheaper service done that wouldn't void the warranty?

Many thanks

1. Ask
  2. Ford
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Ford
7 Comments

ANY VAT reg'd garage that use Ford parts can do it without voiding the warranty. To be fair tho' it is more than just an oil and filter change usually.

kyalion;5637837

ANY VAT reg'd garage that use Ford parts can do it without voiding the … ANY VAT reg'd garage that use Ford parts can do it without voiding the warranty. To be fair tho' it is more than just an oil and filter change usually.

Any discounts for me on my Citroen servicing? ;-):whistling:

Kwik fit will stamp your book, and are pretty reasonable

bassman_uk;5638417

Any discounts for me on my Citroen servicing? ;-):whistling:

No doubt we can get you something off your bill.

Original Poster

Now would you believe it? I phoned around to see if I could get a better price for my service and EMG Ford (a local dealership) said they would do it for £154! I told them that the dealer that I brought the car from would do it for £133 and they then came back with the service for £99! I phoned back and told my main dealer, and they are now doing the very same service they quoted £133 for £85. Cheeky ******s!

ValiantSaint;5645678

Now would you believe it? I phoned around to see if I could get a better … Now would you believe it? I phoned around to see if I could get a better price for my service and EMG Ford (a local dealership) said they would do it for £154! I told them that the dealer that I brought the car from would do it for £133 and they then came back with the service for £99! I phoned back and told my main dealer, and they are now doing the very same service they quoted £133 for £85. Cheeky ******s!

It's about asking for a discount, and playing them off against each other. Well done.

Original Poster

Hey, I suppose you're right. No wonder the motor trade's suffering if larger companies can over-charge by a third on each service......

Thanks for all your help though
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any android box that will support android updates22
    2. should I buy Nintendo Switch now or wait for Black Friday 24th or Cyber Mon…44
    3. Bosch Professional batteries22
    4. Now TV broadband opinions11

See more discussions