Best place for oak sideboards?

Found 25th May
My wife’s been looking for an oak sideboard. Seen one in oak furniture land for £479. Is this the best place to go?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Depends if you are after cheap or good quality. We only made the mistake of buying from them once - the sideboard we bought may be made of solid wood but very poor quality wood and very mismatched. If you are after decent quality look at G-Plan (or similar) in a local retailer.
Ar460rn9 m ago

Depends if you are after cheap or good quality. We only made the mistake …Depends if you are after cheap or good quality. We only made the mistake of buying from them once - the sideboard we bought may be made of solid wood but very poor quality wood and very mismatched. If you are after decent quality look at G-Plan (or similar) in a local retailer.

After a quality solid oak sideboard. Not sure what g plan is? Came up with dfs and a sofa place
When I looked.
Devon area:

We use devonfurniture.co.uk

Only buy oak as hate pine furniture. Oldest piece of furniture we have from there is the tv cabinet, it’s 7-8 years old and still looks like new, it’s solid. Considering I would have gone through or be on my second flat pack alternative it’s probably cost neutral going into pay off soon.

33855573-0znco.jpg

Tv cabinet right pictured with newest addition the bookcase purchased last year. Odd light due to bay window and lights are on.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 25th May
cmdr_elito14 m ago

Devon area:We use http://www.devonfurniture.co.ukOnly buy oak as hate pine …Devon area:We use http://www.devonfurniture.co.ukOnly buy oak as hate pine furniture. Oldest piece of furniture we have from there is the tv cabinet, it’s 7-8 years old and still looks like new, it’s solid. Considering I would have gone through or be on my second flat pack alternative it’s probably cost neutral going into pay off soon.

Website is terrible
Edited by: "MR1123" 25th May
Ah - looks like G-Plan cabinets has been taken over by another cabinet maker - morrisfurniture.co.uk/bro…tml - I have no experience of them but they look to have a good history.
We use the following local retailer for most of our furniture - valefurnishers.co.uk/ - I would look for something similiar in your area.
John Lewis or a local furniture place or department store. I’ve also seen garden centres selling them.
You can also try eBay / gumtree - people often sell off furniture when they decorate. Don’t discount second hand, I’ve got some really good quality furniture this way.
Another good place to try for second hand quality furniture is your local removal company, we have one close to us and they regularly have quality furniture for sale that they purchase from customers who are down sizing in property and have no room for large pieces of furniture.
Oak furniture land products are mainly for show - when you open a drawer on any of their products the inside show just how thin the wood is and it doesn't look like a quality product.

Their prices are at the high end of the Oak furniture market as well.
I got our side board for oak furniture land for around £600ish. Draw bottoms are tongue and grove and about 9mm thick, I wouldn't stand in one but I can't see it breaking under normal use. I guess it depends on how much you spend and if there are any real discounts around the time.
MR11236 h, 33 m ago

Website is terrible

Yeah I order it in the store, they have most of the furniture on show, you then can pay and order it to be delivered if within Devon and Cornwall. If further then you would probably need to collect it.
we purchased a dresser from Cotswold co,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants