Groups
    EXPIRED

Best place for pay as you go mobile phones?

Hi,

Lovely dh has offered to buy me a new pay as you go mobile phone for xmas, but he's rubbish at finding good deals! Thought I would ask on here so I can point him in the right direction :giggle:

I am looking for a Nokia probably (as I know how they work!!) and am on Orange network at the moment - but will swap the sim card from my existing phone over to the new one (does that mean it doesn't matter what network I buy??!!)

Would like it to have a camera but not too bothered about any other fancy features - I don't make a lot of calls.

Have had a quick look at Tescos.com but the choice seems a bit limited - hope you can help!

Thanks in advance,

Helen xx

6 Comments

I'm not great at finding bargains but would suggest a few things -

1 - if you are on Orange now you will need to either buy another Orange PAYG phone or one that can be easily unlocked from another network. When you buy a phone, the networks lock them so that you can only use their sim card. Most towns have shops / market stalls which will unlock the phone for you.

2 - the second consideration is budget - you can get mobiles with a camera from about £40 upwards. Have to find out how much he wants to pay - or better still, you find the one you want and suggest it to him!

carphonewarehouse.com/com…001

If the link works, it should give you a pointer to all nokias at CarPhoneWarehouse which have cameras.

I should have said, the above link is for Orange Nokias which phones...

With cameras I meant :-)

Time to give up, I think...

check out [url]www.phones4u.co.uk[/url] they have some amazing clearance deals.

Motorola U6 Peble Blue Pink or Green for £69.99 + £5 Quidco ( Vodafone )
    Samsung D800 £119.99 +£5 Quidco ( Orange )

If your looking for something basic maybe just

Nokia 3220 £39.99 + £5 Quidco ( Orange )

Maybe even checking on ebay might be a better choice.

Hope this helps.

Gav

Original Poster

Thanks for the tips - am off to check them out now!

Helen xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851338
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions