Best place for Sky Q Mini Box?

Found 6th Mar
Looking to add an additional Sky Q Mini box into the bedroom - I know you can get them from Sky direct for £99 but it takes a few weeks for an appointment and then the engineer does not have a clue / won't connect it to my network.

Spoke to Sky and said I could do this myself but no, it has to be done by an engineer!

I have seen them on eBay for £115+ but wondered if anyone knew of any other places to get them new/second hand?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
6 Comments
deleted1597344
All SkyQ equipment belongs to Sky, if you get a 2nd box from eBay then you are as good as buying stolen goods.
How you intend connecting an additional sky mini box to the network ?
Original Poster
kester769 m ago

How you intend connecting an additional sky mini box to the network ?

To my normal WAP, which is not a Sky Q one (that is just acting as a router now)
Vortal2 h, 6 m ago

To my normal WAP, which is not a Sky Q one (that is just acting as a …To my normal WAP, which is not a Sky Q one (that is just acting as a router now)

I think the minis are meshed to the master Sky Q box. i.e. my Sky Q 2TB meshes with my Sky Q mini but is also connected to my internet for apple stuff and a few other things. It's a weird system but sky have pretty much clamped down on the boxes to prevent you hacking them.
kester7626 m ago

I think the minis are meshed to the master Sky Q box. i.e. my Sky Q 2TB …I think the minis are meshed to the master Sky Q box. i.e. my Sky Q 2TB meshes with my Sky Q mini but is also connected to my internet for apple stuff and a few other things. It's a weird system but sky have pretty much clamped down on the boxes to prevent you hacking them.

That's how I understand it as well. It's a private Sky only mesh. The master SkyQ box connects to the WAP and then the SkyQ Mini boxes connect to the master SkyQ box to create the meah.

My-Inlaws have special Sky Q signal boosters to kick the SkyQ signal around their bungalow.
Have you already got a mini? If not you may have problems getting sky to 'switch on' the multiroom as they would want to know how you got hold of the mini box.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants