Best place for travel money?

Found 8th Feb
Where’s a good place that usually have the best rate for exchanging currencies? Dominican Pesos to be exact from British pounds

Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
To be honest you are better with US$ in Dominican . Just on my way out so a bit short of time , but I certainly used mostly $ . Hotels will exchange if you need a few pesos . Also make sure you order lots of $1 bills , big tipping culture, but small tips if that makes sense.
get a revolut card.
mattsk36 m ago

get a revolut card.

Good luck with one of those in the Dominican Republic their atm system is poor even with a standard non pre paid bank card.

best bet for there is actual currency, tesco, asda or the post office have reasonable rates. You don’t want to get over there and find out your card and or atm won’t work.
Dannyrobbo1 m ago

Good luck with one of those in the Dominican Republic their atm …Good luck with one of those in the Dominican Republic their atm system is poor even with a standard non pre paid bank card.best bet for there is actual currency, tesco, asda or the post office have reasonable rates. You don’t want to get over there and find out your card and or atm won’t work.

didnt know that
could withdraw at the airport
Eurochange, you can do it in store and online. Look for codes to get better rates online like I did. Only other thing I would recommend is to look around before you decide.
Dannyrobbo22 m ago

Good luck with one of those in the Dominican Republic their atm …Good luck with one of those in the Dominican Republic their atm system is poor even with a standard non pre paid bank card.best bet for there is actual currency, tesco, asda or the post office have reasonable rates. You don’t want to get over there and find out your card and or atm won’t work.

Yeah, I was wondering the same. No point recommending a Halifax Clarity in that case though ideal for most other countries.

OP check out mse's TravelMoneyMax to find best exchange rates on offer. There are three options, collection, delivery, or collect from airport. The delivery option may be your best bet as you usually get a better return though no harm trying all three. Does also depend on your circumstances of course, if you need the cash urgently.

travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/hol…ey/
LemonHead5 m ago

Yeah, I was wondering the same. No point recommending a Halifax Clarity in …Yeah, I was wondering the same. No point recommending a Halifax Clarity in that case though ideal for most other countries.OP check out mse's TravelMoneyMax to find best exchange rates on offer. There are three options, collection, delivery, or collect from airport. The delivery option may be your best bet as you usually get a better return though no harm trying all three. Does also depend on your circumstances of course, if you need the cash urgently.https://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/

Most of the prepaid cards are great in western countries with decent systems but I would never count on them in the more obscure countries though where I wouldn’t want to get stuck with no hardcash.
Incidentally, you may want to purchase any cash using a credit card, there's no compensation scheme if a firm goes bust otherwise, you won't get section 75 Consumer Protection. This law means your credit card is jointly liable for anything you buy on it over £100. So if there's a problem or the company goes bust, you can still get your money back from your credit card provider.

Same goes for anything else you intend purchasing, tickets, insurance, etc.

No doubt you'll be looking for insurance as well.

moneysavingexpert.com/travel-insurance/

If your bank account offers insurance, check what is covered as well. It may cost you if you don't.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/31/grandmother-gets-50k-bill-hospital-airlift-cruise-ship-mexico/
Edited by: "LemonHead" 8th Feb
Revolut
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions