Best place online to buy alloy wheels ?

Found 19th Mar
Am looking for a set of four (fancy that!) 18inch five stud alloys, for a Audi A4. Can anyone recommend anywhere decent online? Ta
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments
To be honest i would go to local places as you need to see some wheels in front of you. You can also do deals. I saved money driving to a local shop and buying USED ones and then got them re done
Cost me £200 for 4 18inch wheels for my A3 and £360 to get redone and colour change. SO cost was £560 BUT in shops were over £1000
Edited by: "gatwick2018" 19th Mar
Be wary of cheap replicas. The price may look tempting but the quality can vary quite significantly, and this may adversely affect the way the car drives. Especially if they're bigger and heavier than your existing wheels.
Go in a shop and find a set you like, then go online for a better price.
Agree with Guzzle. Don’t even consider replicas. They can be dangerous.
Could you not consider refurbing your current alloys?
I refurbed mine and had them sprayed gloss black. Saved me a hell of a lot of money over buying new alloys for my A3.
There are also many 5 stud patterned alloys so don’t just look for that. Make sure you look for your correct bolt pattern to your car which on my A3 is 5x112. The websites below will make you specify your car and then only show the correct fitment alloys for your vehicle. I haven’t purchased any alloys from these sites but know people who have.

m.wheelbasealloys.com/?gc…BwE

alloywheels.com
i know your all laugh, but this is my wheel now but looks good on car
even added the 3m rim protection

33471598-yLRof.jpg
I pay £20 a wheel for a refurb so ingot a used set from eBay for my winter wheels and refurbed work out much cheap for originals

33471617-MYqB5.jpg
citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk
at that price there is no profit, my local place near gatwick wickedwheels have been about 15 years i know off . I never trust something that cheap
gatwick201817 h, 44 m ago

at that price there is no profit, my local place near gatwick wickedwheels …at that price there is no profit, my local place near gatwick wickedwheels have been about 15 years i know off . I never trust something that cheap

There is on volume, they having been at that price for years and do hundreds a day. They also do special colours and options and charge more for them. If they can stick extra wheels in the machines at same time then it increases productivity. I bring them tyres on sometimes and pay £30, some people want same day and pay £45, this is just basic cost and it keeps them getting people and businesses in the door.

A lot of car dealers use them in area too on p/X vehicles to then resell used cars with pristine wheels. Not about trust, it's about quality of finished product and having use dtwice myself, I have no issues. They've been there 10-15 years at least that I know of.
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 22nd Mar
Please don't overlook informing your insurer of any change to the Manufacturers spec. ANY change. Towbar. Headlight bulbs. Tyres. Rims. They all sound innocent but ..................

Say you run off the road or hit another vehicle or, god forbid, a pedestrian. A Loss Adjuster would note that the the rims had changed from the standard ones and some (many) insurers would very simply say 'insurance voided'. They have good reason even for something aesthetic like rims. To an insurer, it says 'boy racer' and that's an expensive attitude. Plus alloys cost more to replace if you claim on the policy.

Insurers are getting tighter on this area.
i got 8 mods and all listed with adrian flux
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions