Best place to book a cottage/house

Found 6th Nov 2017Edited by:"dougiesmum"
Hi me and some family members were wanting to meet up and rent a house for a long weekend. There’s going to be roughly15 of us. we would need at least 6 bedrooms. What company’s are the best to book through? I’ve never done anything like this before so any advice would be useful.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Airbnb is the best.
Have you tried Sykes Cottages? We have just come back from a long weekend in wales there was ten of us in a farmhouse it was brilliant.
Original Poster
miasmum31 m ago

Have you tried Sykes Cottages? We have just come back from a long weekend …Have you tried Sykes Cottages? We have just come back from a long weekend in wales there was ten of us in a farmhouse it was brilliant.

Thanks, I’ve had a look on there,but didn’t know if they were a reputable company. I’ll have an in-depth look after work tonight.
Owners direct is a good one to look at.
Depends on the location and the facilities your after.

Some of the YHA buildings can be rented out as a whole which is worth checking out.
have used Toad hall cottages, cornish collection and looe and polperro holidays in the past, but as you can probably guess they only cover devon and cornwall
AirBnb!
Original Poster
ding16 m ago

have used Toad hall cottages, cornish collection and looe and polperro …have used Toad hall cottages, cornish collection and looe and polperro holidays in the past, but as you can probably guess they only cover devon and cornwall

Fab we are looking for something southern or wales (roughly)I’m Cornish so love going back. I’ll take a look, thanks
Original Poster
Tiddly_fiddly10 m ago

AirBnb!

Just had a quick look, what a fab website thank you
dougiesmum44 m ago

Just had a quick look, what a fab website thank you

It is great! Me and my family have used this many times when we have our anual cousins get together!
Edited by: "Tiddly_fiddly" 6th Nov 2017
We have started to use airbnb for UK cottages. Great prices and you pay through the airbnb so you get protection from airbnb.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants