Expired

Best place to buy a fridge freezer

Found 18th Jun 2012
Hi guys,

seems like my current Zanussi fridge freezer has died on me after going strong for 7 years.

i'm looking to buy a new fridge freezer but not sure which are the best brands and where to buy it from.

I see john lewis offer free 1 or 2 years guarantee where as comet/currys charge around £120 for 3 years.

Could anyone please recommend me a good brand (which is known to last long) and a good place to purchase it from?
Community Updates
10 Comments
Check out which online

http://www.which.co.uk/

You will have to sign up but IMHO its worth it.
thanks, just had a look but noticed;

You pay £1 for your first trial month. After your trial month has passed, payments of £9.75 (including VAT) will be automatically requested monthly.
anyone?
I wouldn't worry too much about branding, a lot of brands all sell the same products with different faces,

If you want a nice long 3 year parts and labour guarantee this (click here) should suit (£299).

oh right, i was just worried about that some brands are known to be faulty and would become useless within the year, brands like beko and why they are so cheap?

i was thinking about buying hotpoint?
All my appliances are Indesit at home (apart from one Miele). We used to have a LEC, which was very good too. As Hotpoint are owned by Indesit I'd say go for it, however their free warranties aren't as long as LEC, and LEC's is more comprehensive.
oh right, i wasn't aware that Hotpoint are owned by Indesit! i've seen great reviews on the LEC but i am very picky, i want the same spec as my current/died fridge freezer, so around 180cm, 4 freezer drawers, and also a temp display...

think i need to stop being picky and just buy something!
Look here for a sustainable view: sust-it.net/
killabyte

oh right, i wasn't aware that Hotpoint are owned by Indesit! i've seen … oh right, i wasn't aware that Hotpoint are owned by Indesit! i've seen great reviews on the LEC but i am very picky, i want the same spec as my current/died fridge freezer, so around 180cm, 4 freezer drawers, and also a temp display... think i need to stop being picky and just buy something!

Like this? (click here)

Has a 3 year parts and labour guarantee, but is £380
tommyomeara

Like this? (click here)Has a 3 year parts and labour guarantee, but is … Like this? (click here)Has a 3 year parts and labour guarantee, but is £380

cool! the spec to that is similar to mine...only thing is i really want a fridge without handles, but i might give into this one!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants