best place to buy an oven and hob

11 replies
Found 4th Feb
Landlady is fitting a new kitchen and I want rid of my gas oven. Am looking at buying an undercounted electric oven and hob, where other than currys is a good place to look with good prices? I've looked on ao.com and found them too expensive

1. Ask
  2. Hob
  3. Oven
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Hob
  3. Oven
11 Comments

theappliancedepot.co.uk/ graded and new stock. Showroom is in Leicester if you can get there - if not their descriptions are accurate and you can discuss/negotiate prices by phone. We've bought a lot of items from there - very happy all round.

There are loads of places that do graded appliances, CK in Bury, and there is another in Rochdale whose name escapes me. I would recommend a pyrolytic oven oven, it really is self cleaning......google it.

I now clean the oven, it takes less than 10 seconds labour, remove shelves, turn it on, wait 2 hours, wipe it down with damp cloth....bingo, looks good as new. My wife hates it when I say I clean the oven, she did the non pyro ones for years..
Edited by: "dwain" 4th Feb

Original Poster

dwain

There are loads of places that do graded appliances, CK in Bury, and … There are loads of places that do graded appliances, CK in Bury, and there is another in Rochdale whose name escapes me. I would recommend a pyrolytic oven oven, it really is self cleaning......google it.I now clean the oven, it takes less than 10 seconds labour, remove shelves, turn it on, wait 2 hours, wipe it down with damp cloth....bingo, looks good as new. My wife hates it when I say I clean the oven, she did the non pyro ones for years..

I've seen one of those on eBay that interested me. Thanks for the heads up. I am on the south east cost so bury and Rochdale are a bit far

BQ had some for £179

pick which one you like online or in a shop then google the name and model for the best price
on offer

dwain

There are loads of places that do graded appliances, CK in Bury, and … There are loads of places that do graded appliances, CK in Bury, and there is another in Rochdale whose name escapes me. I would recommend a pyrolytic oven oven, it really is self cleaning......google it.I now clean the oven, it takes less than 10 seconds labour, remove shelves, turn it on, wait 2 hours, wipe it down with damp cloth....bingo, looks good as new. My wife hates it when I say I clean the oven, she did the non pyro ones for years..

​arian refrigeration in Rochdale you probably mean.
great cookers and fridges

Co-op electrical can be competitive. There are sometimes money off voucher codes for them in the voucher section on here.

To change from gas to electric you will need a new electrical connection set up, which will require a part P qualified electrician to install if the kitchen has never had an electric oven and hob.

also looking for hob with on/off control as cat keeps jumping on to it and it switches on any recommendations

Ordered the essentials electric hob from Currys -£100. It is a replacement for an Electrolux I bought 11 years ago and where the main ring has gone, this has the same codes so probably made by them. Hopefully this one will last as long.

Original Poster

mutley1

Co-op electrical can be competitive. There are sometimes money off … Co-op electrical can be competitive. There are sometimes money off voucher codes for them in the voucher section on here. To change from gas to electric you will need a new electrical connection set up, which will require a part P qualified electrician to install if the kitchen has never had an electric oven and hob.

Hey, it had an electric double range in before I moved in but for some reason landlady got rid of it and put a gas cooker in.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CEX grading12
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person627
    3. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage22
    4. What is the best weight training app for iOS please?33

See more discussions