Groups

Best Place To Buy Car Seats for 3 & 4 Year Olds??

Looking to buy car seats for my 3year old autistic daughter & 4 year old son??

9 Comments

Dont think there is a best place , just who has the best deal. I have been very impressed with the Britax Evolver 123 plus. Boots often have it at about £80 so does Amazon. My son is now 5 and has been using it for 3 years and will probably last another 5 years. Lots of head support with adjustable width and head rest.

I would go somewhere like mothercare and try a few see what you like then shop around for best price!

ellese

I would go somewhere like mothercare and try a few see what you like then … I would go somewhere like mothercare and try a few see what you like then shop around for best price!

we also use Recaro seats, the 3rd stage has built in isofix making it really safe!

The britax advansafix allows the 5 point harness to be used up to 25kg instead of the standard 18kg.
    The Britax evolva can only be used harnessed until 18kg (approx 3 years old) unless they are under 18kg there is no point getting a booster that also has a 5 point harness as they are usually more expensive.

There is the booster seat with the impact shield that might encourage them to stay in the seat if that is an issue. Joie Transcend / Cybex pallas style.

The joie trillo LX did very well in the adac report in 2015, just below the maxi cosi air protect and the britax top range one both are around twice the price. Halfords will give 20% it if you trade in a booster.

Banned

just bough a joie car seat for my son it was £99 from argos down from £150 really good and his happy in it

don't go to mothercare. They are awful for carseat advice

danielleholland

don't go to mothercare. They are awful for carseat advice

I meant as in theres loads of different seats to try, not their advice

You need a store with a goodly size range to try out; there is no point buying a bargain chair if it doesnt fit properly in your car, is uncomfortable for the child, or you struggle to get them in or out.

Halfords usually have a decent range in their bigger stores, but if you can find one locally, try Kiddicare.

here

Halfords are good. I got a joie trillo I think is called and it's great.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…610
      2. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?89
      3. Family Spotify account66
      4. Nowtv offer at Merlin Attractions34

See more discussions