Groups
    EXPIRED

Best place to buy frameless glasses with NHS voucher

Hello, could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could buy some single vision lens frameless glasses?
    I have a NHS voucher and specsavers are charging £169 buy on pair get one free.
    On their £125 designer range after discounts and the nhs voucher, designer frames would cost £40 ....but frameless are still £169
    Thank you in advance

7 Comments

I have bought glasses from ]here before. Some good deals at times too!

Original Poster

Thank you, some good prices on there.

i dunno

Original Poster

Thanks for replies everyone:thumbsup:

Be careful of the lenses that are used in rimless glasses as standard CR39 (plastic 1.5 lenses) crack and split easily and you only get to use your voucher once. This generelly isn't covered under the warranty either.
    Make sure you get polycarbonate lenses that are toughened (like safety specs) and also have a thinner appearance due to their density.
    Also, you need Anti reflection/ultra clear/anti glare (same coatings but different names depending on where you buy). You get a lot of reflections when you have no frame.

You don't need anti scratch so don't buy that as an extra and you can also get polycarb in reactions/transitions too but pretty pricey!

Hope this helps!

Original Poster

thank you, good advice,
    I have decided to go with wantglasses.co.uk £75.00 less 10% and less voucher .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions