Best place to buy genuine iphone 5 battery?

Found 5th Oct 2015
Looking to buy a genuine battery for my iPhone 5, bought a cheap one off eBay and it is worse than the one I replaced, anyone recommend a good reliable website to buy from?
Community Updates
AskBattery
17 Comments
I think apple or an authorized apple dealer such as stormfront is only place ul get one tbh
You can't, Apple/Apple Authorised Service Providers will not sell you a battery.

All you can do is read the reviews and pick a generic replacement battery from a seller that has good feedback, is well established and gives you a lengthy warranty.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 5th Oct 2015
That's the problem I bought one with good feedback that had sold a lot, still waiting for a reply from them regarding a refund/ replacement
Apple.
Kizza91

Apple.

+1
Rimi

+1

At £60 a time, Bad Apple, They love to fleece their customers.!.
Not paying Apple £60 to do a 2 minute job, how can they justify that?!
Check you iphone 5 here. You might get your iPhone 5 battery replaced for free from Apple.
The only genuine place is going to be from Apple mate. Only other suggestion would be to buy a damaged used phone & strip the battery from there.
souljacker

Stupid you! I think you need a brain surgery....
Apple's original battery will last for 3+ years when one bought from eBay or other seller will not be genuine and you get up to 1 year usage. Few mates done this and none of the replaced batteries lasted for more than 10 months.
You pay for quality!
Well stupid me only wants to replace the battery so I can sell the phone on so if it lasts a year I'll be more than happy (_;)
souljacker

Well stupid me only wants to replace the battery so I can sell the phone … Well stupid me only wants to replace the battery so I can sell the phone on so if it lasts a year I'll be more than happy (_;)

...so why u asking for best place then? Just buy cheapest one.
souljacker

Well stupid me only wants to replace the battery so I can sell the phone … Well stupid me only wants to replace the battery so I can sell the phone on so if it lasts a year I'll be more than happy (_;)

Then why bother asking for a genuine replacement? A cheap one will do fine.

You'll only get a genuine battery from Apple and they will not supply you with one - you'll need to pay them for the replacement service.
souljacker

Supply and demand. You buy a 'premium' product so why would you then expect the on-going costs to be cheap?
When You go to apple for a battery replacement do the replace the battery or the whole phone?
http://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Parts/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-5/iPhone-5-Replacement-Battery.html

Apple dont sell batterys so your stuck with 3rd party but ifixit are well known on the internet for repairs.
Edited by: "SilverBlack" 6th Oct 2015
SilverBlack

http://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Parts/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-5/iPhone-5-Replacement-Battery.htmlApple dont sell batterys so your stuck with 3rd party but ifixit are well known on the internet for repairs.

Thanks X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions