anyone know best place to buy HDMI 2 Meters Cable please

THANKS
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
3m one £6 screwfix. Good one to
Edited by: "wayners" 17th Mar
Amazon prime it
the question really is " what sort do you need?" as you can get cheap 1.4 HD on ebay and if you want good 4K 2.2 ones then again ebay. I got a 2meter gold 4k 2.2 for £6.99 and still doing well on the ps4 pro
Somewhere that uses US English.
gatwick20184 h, 39 m ago

the question really is " what sort do you need?" as you can get cheap 1.4 …the question really is " what sort do you need?" as you can get cheap 1.4 HD on ebay and if you want good 4K 2.2 ones then again ebay. I got a 2meter gold 4k 2.2 for £6.99 and still doing well on the ps4 pro

You've been had. Cables don't have to support a specific HDCP version, the one advertised as 1.4 would have worked with HDCP 2.2 content just as well.

@aw08 Unless you have unusual requirements HDMI cables of that length are all the same from a practical perspective. I'd just buy whichever is cheapest/most convenient. With such a cheap item postage is often the determining factor so if you can tack it onto another order
Just to let you know anything over one meter you lose quality of the signal
ashmac18 h, 23 m ago

Just to let you know anything over one meter you lose quality of the signal

Oh heck.
craigstephens1 h, 38 m ago

Oh heck.

That was a poorly worded comment.

It's true that there's an optimum length for maximum signal quality and anything longer (or shorter!) will have a weaker signal. I thought it was typically slightly longer for HDMI but I'm not an expert on high speed cable design.

But there's an elephant in the room. Signal quality doesn't mean picture quality.

The way HDMI and most other digital signals are constructed means that there's none of the gradual degredation of an analogue signal. The picture is either perfect is obviously glitching (like when digital TV loses reception).

A stronger signal is required to avoid breakup for higher resolutions. In a typical home environment with the most demanding picture commonly encountered (10-bit 4K) that apparently happens at around 5-7m for most cables.
i have installed cable and sat tv for over 13 years and you see the diff from a 1.4 and 2.2 lead ONLY when it comes to the speed and size of data of PURE 4K dvds or ps4 or alike

HDMI 2.0 vs 1.4:
The basics HDMI 2.0 was announced as a standard in late 2013. It got a lot of people confused, wondering if they suddenly needed to throw away their TVs in order to get on this latest tech trend. As far as tech advancements go, HDMI 2.0 is a pretty friendly one. It’s as much a standard of software as hardware, and cables designed for HDMI 1.4 systems will work just fine with new HDMI 2.0 devices. What you need to make sure is that both ends of your entertainment chain – your TV and Blu-ray player, for example – support the standard. It’ll mean they’re geared up for the new standards we’ll dig into shortly. Some previously HDMI 1.4 hardware needs nothing more than a firmware update.

so your correct as many of the old 4k so called kodi boxes give you a 1.4 hdmi.....But

HDMI 1.4 introduced the kind of bandwidth required to deliver 4K video, but HDMI 2.0 can dole out 4K video without compromise, at 50 and 60 frames per second. In HDMI 1.4, the rate of 4K was limited to 24 frames per second. so your in fact getting half of the frames.

so best to get a TRUE 4k lead ready to last years. I have HDMI tru 2.2 leads that are made up and on some things i use you can bring up the data speed and other info on screen and see on 1.4 a 4K film is only at 1080p. change lead and the same film is 4k via 2.0-2.2. The tv is doing some work to upscale the tv

who ever said over 1 meter you use signal is rubbish, a hdmi is good for 45ft without singal lost and that was hdmi 1.2 . I think more now
Edited by: "gatwick2018" 18th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions