Best Place To Buy PC Parts (apart from ebuyer)

Found 2nd Aug 2009
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good online (cheap) shop I can buy some parts for a new PC that im thinking of building?

Thanks,

1. Misc
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PC
20 Comments

[url]www.overclockers.co.uk[/url]
[url]www.scan.co.uk[/url]

Do you actually want specific products that we could help find?

Original Poster

emasu;5914969

Do you actually want specific products that we could help find?

Just thinking about buliding a new rig, mines around 6/7 yrs old now

Tanchi;5915538

Just thinking about buliding a new rig, mines around 6/7 yrs old now

Got a budget?

And what do you want to do with it?

scan is my recommendation.

Original Poster

emasu;5915552

Got a budget? :)And what do you want to do with it?

dont want to spend more than £600, would like it to be a gaming machine.
are there any sites that can compare componets? I havent built one in a while (still usung the single core processor)

would like to know whats new on the street :P

I'll take a look and see what I can come up with..

You'd be looking at a nice quad for that money with a good graphics card IMO.

Original Poster

emasu;5915591

I'll take a look and see what I can come up with..You'd be looking at a … I'll take a look and see what I can come up with..You'd be looking at a nice quad for that money with a good graphics card IMO.

yeha, i manged to put together a rig (on paper) at work for under (i think £400) ill see if i can find it in my email. (i mailed it to myself to look at at home) this was a while ago tho, so might be a bit out of date

For £378 you can get a nice triple core AMD setup with a HD4850, 4GB RAM & a 500GB HDD.

Dabs or BTShop does it for me these days. They can be a lot cheaper than eBuyer, and their website's interface makes it a lot easier to filter stuff that you don't want out from stuff that you do want.

Original Poster

emasu;5915692

For £378 you can get a nice triple core AMD setup with a HD4850, 4GB RAM … For £378 you can get a nice triple core AMD setup with a HD4850, 4GB RAM & a 500GB HDD.

ah thanks dude, ill take a look.

i found my spec i made, for under £500

Case - Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer £68.94
PSU - SV 600w SilentLoad 20 & 24+SATA PSU £20.57
Motherboard - Asus P5QL Pro iP43 Socket 775 Motherboard £71.98
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 95W G0 Stepping (Retail 775) £149.44
RAM - Arianet 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM £13.74
Arianet 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM £13.74
Arianet 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM £13.74
Graphics Card - XFX GeForce 9400 GT 1GB PCI-E 2.0 £51.75
Hard Drive - 1Tb Samsung EcoGreen F2 SATA-2 Hard Drive £72.39
DVD Pioneer - DVR-116DBK 20x Internal IDE DVD+/-RW Drive / Black £16.14

Total £492.43

For £400, I would get this:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z106/emasu/order.jpg

The Phenom II is an amazing deal tbh at £91, I had mine delivered yesterday lol.

Original Poster

emasu;5915943

For £400, I would get this:The Phenom II is an amazing deal tbh at £91, I … For £400, I would get this:The Phenom II is an amazing deal tbh at £91, I had mine delivered yesterday lol.

cool thax

is the CPU a triple core?

Tanchi;5915988

cool thax :Dis the CPU a triple core?

Yes, although you *might* be able to turn it into a quad core with the SB710 southbridge on the motherboard but it's really pot luck. Very much dependent on whether you get an X3 that was a perfectly good X4. I'd say the chances are getting slimmer now.

The good things about the BE editions are the unlocked multiplier, I plan to have mine sitting at 3.0Ghz which should be enough for me.

Banned

I LOVE THE ANTEC NIINE HUNDRED TWO!!

Congrats to whoever has one so far! Its such a cool looking case and with amazing functionality! Im gonna set up my rig soon so im gonna be needing all yous lots advice :-D

Hey i was looking on scan the other day....why are the 78/86/96 Nvidia Cards STILL in the £100+ price range?

Especially when we have the likes of the GTX Range

For £500....
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z106/emasu/order2.jpg

I've put a HD4870 in, but you could have any CPU/GPU combo, for example an X3 720 with a HD4890 which comes to £486.

I wouldn't buy from Scan itself (though have done on occasion), but their ]TodayOnly section.

Also consider ]Novatech & CCLOnline, which can be cheapest sometimes too for certain items.

Original Poster

Crossbow;5916598

I wouldn't buy from Scan itself (though have done on occasion), but their … I wouldn't buy from Scan itself (though have done on occasion), but their ]TodayOnly section.Also consider ]Novatech & CCLOnline, which can be cheapest sometimes too for certain items.

Thanks i'll take alook at some point today :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. BBC4 Vietnam War44
    2. Aliexpress - To be trusted?45
    3. With or without cream?56
    4. Mobile WiFi calling?44

See more discussions