best place to buy tv on pay later

hi my brother is looking to get a new tv proberly 37 inch either plasma or lcd but he dosnt have the cash up front (as he is only 18) he wants to buy now pay later does anyone know what best best place for that is i have seen on dixons they do pay in 11 months which is pretty good he can save the money by then anyone got any better sites? cheers

13 Comments

Banned

can he not get a catalogue , littlewoods do alot of buy now pay 2010 for instance

Original Poster

toni15500;5855005

can he not get a catalogue , littlewoods do alot of buy now pay 2010 for … can he not get a catalogue , littlewoods do alot of buy now pay 2010 for instance

yeah but are there tvs cheaper then dixons?

Banned

[QUOTE=bellows;5855146]yeah but are there tvs cheaper then dixons?[/QUOT

i got my 50" with surround sound last xmas , from littlewoods ,its samsung all the usual specs and i got it all in for £1100

Avoid the door to door credit plans,we had a guy knocking here a few days ago asking if we need a new t.v.

Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5855184

Avoid the door to door credit plans,we had a guy knocking here a few days … Avoid the door to door credit plans,we had a guy knocking here a few days ago asking if we need a new t.v.

yeah ur right , i did get mines from the catalogue but i paid it in full , just went to the littlewoods shop , so i didnt get into any debt for it

Pay for it on your credit card and get him to pay you back.

cdisocunt pay in x3 payments no credit

Isn't there interests or whatever?

Personally I would just try to save for the item instead of getting credit and then having to pay it off +extra over a number of months. I think its much more rewarding to work your ass off for a while to get something you really wanted

"proberly"

lol

Original Poster

[QUOTE=moob;5855246]Pay for it on your credit card and get him to pay you back.[/QUOTE

my credit card was cancelled last week and no not what your thinking its cause i havent used it once and had it bout 18 months they sent me a letter saying unless i use it within a week they are gonna cancel it

anyways would be too much interest with dixons its no interest if he pays the full amount in 11 months

Original Poster

cbryanp;5855319

Personally I would just try to save for the item instead of getting … Personally I would just try to save for the item instead of getting credit and then having to pay it off +extra over a number of months. I think its much more rewarding to work your ass off for a while to get something you really wanted

yeah but you know how youngins are very impatient when i was 16 i got my sis to get tv on finance i wasnt really earning much and my dad ended up paying it off but made me promise never to get into debt again and never have since if i want something i save up but i am older and wiser now at 27

as he's only 18 and more than likely doesnt have a credit history, its less likely he'll be accepted by a finance company.

you'd be better doing it in your name and having the money come out of his account (if he does indeed have the money to pay for it in the time required).

We often do this at Currys.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1016
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764037
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 547

See more discussions