Groups

Best place to change currency

Going Turkey next week and looking to exchange some money. Where is the best place to do it?

12 Comments

look on moneysavingexpert and use a currency compare tool. Usually it's cheapest to reserve at the airport your departing from and collect. You don't need to pay a deposit or anything.

Best not to exchange money at all and get a pre-paid card with no fees abroad eg. Revolut or Monzo

You always get a better rate over in Turkey,just change up enough for your first 2 days

If you have a no charge debit card just draw cash out or as sadie22 has stated cash is best when you are there.

I've always used Thomas exchange global and whenever I've checked they seem to be the best. Branches in various london locations now.

castellano

If you're in London, I'd recommend this firm, which I've used several … If you're in London, I'd recommend this firm, which I've used several times. https://www.bestforeignexchange.com/fast_track_new.php

Agreed, and they're the best for buy back, exchange my euros there and always have great deals

take a revolut card

Original Poster

Thanks for the info guys. It's only around £600 to £700 that I need to exchange.

So the rate is better in Turkey?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553815
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767510
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311389
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …55

See more discussions