Groups

Best place to get a basic mobile?

Hey all.

Got up this morning to discover I had left my mobile in a pool of water, looks like it has been fried! - It's currently sitting in a bag of rice in the hope that it dries out and works again but I am not holding out much hope.

If I have to get a new phone I was wondering where people thought the best place to get a basic phone was?

Aside from the fact that it has to be a flip phone all I need it for is to make calls and send text messages, a camera is handy sometimes but not essential.
    I have an o2 sim card which is on an employee contract and have been advised I cannot upgrade through o2 or they will take away my staff discount as the staff member who got it for me no longer works there so I do not need a sim or a contract.

Any ideas? Cheapest I can find is around £40 but then you need to top up £10 which is worthless to me, as I just want a basic phone was hoping for more like £30 all in.

Thanks for any advice.

3 Comments

argos-clearancebargains on ebay? you can get a good one for less than £30

Original Poster

plumberman01;8962813

argos-clearancebargains on ebay? you can get a good one for less than £30

Thanks for the tip, not looked at them before...sadly nothing suitable at the moment but will keep them in mind for the future. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Forgot about cashback as well...will have to take that into consideration! Thanks.

There is a LG GB220 for £29.99 on ebay brand new but I have never had an LG phone before, reviews look good but anyone tried one?

The other option is Sony Ericsson W350 for £34.99 which is a "half flip phone" I guess, but seems to be mostly for mp3 use which wouldn't really get much use from me so don't know if it's any good as a phone. Man I hate trying to find a new phone!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions