Expired

Best place to get cheap artificial grass (6mx6m 30"pile min)

Found 11th Apr 2014
Hi,
I looking to put some artificial grass down next week. I have sent off for some sample off a few sites but was putting it out on here to see if anyone knows of anywhere that is cheap or has offers on?
I have been looking at artificial grass up to £18per square meter, 30"pile minimum and a good weight 1800g +

Any help would be great

Thanks

Matt
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
seen rolls in home bargains a few times
Hi Op

Look on Artificialgrass-direct they have 30mm grass for £12.25 pm or 36mm grass for 15.95 pm

We had a company lay ours about 2 weeks ago, were not normally the type to pay to have people in but we were only saving around £150 for the pleasure of someone else to do all the digging/removing/ordering etc

dont forget your type 1,sand,membrane,joining strip and glue (if needed), u pins, wacker plate...it all adds up

I will say though im ecstatic with it, it looks so immaculate and green (As daft as that sounds) and you wont regret doing it..your right to go with minimum 30mm also, any shorter i think (on ours anyway) would look cheap

hth
Original Poster
vaughan2508

Hi OpLook on Artificialgrass-direct they have 30mm grass for £12.25 pm or … Hi OpLook on Artificialgrass-direct they have 30mm grass for £12.25 pm or 36mm grass for 15.95 pmWe had a company lay ours about 2 weeks ago, were not normally the type to pay to have people in but we were only saving around £150 for the pleasure of someone else to do all the digging/removing/ordering etcdont forget your type 1,sand,membrane,joining strip and glue (if needed), u pins, wacker plate...it all adds upI will say though im ecstatic with it, it looks so immaculate and green (As daft as that sounds) and you wont regret doing it..your right to go with minimum 30mm also, any shorter i think (on ours anyway) would look cheaphth

Cheers for the info. I have just sent off for some samples off there now and its nice to know someone who has had it off this site and is very pleased with it.
My back garden has just been done and it is all prepared for it apart from the top layer of sand which will go down when its ready to be laid.
Which did you decide to go with? Price wise one of the best sites ive seen and I have been looking all week!! oO

The rolls in homebargains are cheap for a reason :o)

Thanks

Matt
Have a look on ebay, I managed to pickup a 4x5m 35mm offcut for around £200 no need to mess about joining it then
wtf - 30inch pile? oO
Banned
Tasteless, real grass always looks better.
Type your answer here...Matt go for it, its absolutely beautiful..i dont know how to post a photo otherwise i would

the company put a thick layer of sand underneath so if my young son fell on it, its soft under foot

it cost us around £1300 for 50m2 and thats for someone else to do it and ill never regret having it done, if anything i wish we would have done it sooner....cant wait to throw my flymo over the fence !!
Original Poster
vaughan2508

Type your answer here...Matt go for it, its absolutely beautiful..i dont … Type your answer here...Matt go for it, its absolutely beautiful..i dont know how to post a photo otherwise i wouldthe company put a thick layer of sand underneath so if my young son fell on it, its soft under footit cost us around £1300 for 50m2 and thats for someone else to do it and ill never regret having it done, if anything i wish we would have done it sooner....cant wait to throw my flymo over the fence !!

I will certainly be getting it. A mate of mine has had it down for 7 years and it still looks like its only been down a few months even after a battering form his kids.
So hopefully it will be done this week and my flymo cruddy thing will be going in the same direction as yours!!
Thanks for the info
Musician

Tasteless, real grass always looks better.

only if you have lots of time and inclination

most peoples' grass looks awful
Banned
chocci

only if you have lots of time and inclinationmost peoples' grass looks … only if you have lots of time and inclinationmost peoples' grass looks awful

I disagree, we spend half hour or so a day on the garden, and it looks wonderful and natural. I don't consider that a lot of time for somewhere we spend most of the summer. I know we will never agree so I'm going to give up here. You may as well concrete over your gardens though if you are going to do this. Shameful in my world, but then not everyone lives in my world. Sigh.
Musician

I disagree, we spend half hour or so a day on the garden, and it looks … I disagree, we spend half hour or so a day on the garden, and it looks wonderful and natural. I don't consider that a lot of time for somewhere we spend most of the summer. I know we will never agree so I'm going to give up here. You may as well concrete over your gardens though if you are going to do this. Shameful in my world, but then not everyone lives in my world. Sigh.

I could spend hours on my lawn but it would still look terrible (live on a beach so shingle starts about 6 inches down)

do agree that plastic lawns are just wrong though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions