Best place to get discount Gucci bag/suggestions on alternative?

Found 15th Feb
Hey all!

I've been looking at buying a Gucci Messenger bag like this one for a while now.

I work in the City in London and carrying around a North Face rucksack, however much I like it, isn't the best timepiece or impression in a meeting

Probably going to bite the bullet on payday and get it after months of deliberation. It is an awful lot of money.

Gucci is one of those brands that just doesn't seem to go on sale naturally, so I thought I'd ask if there are any little caveats people know to get it for a good price.

Also open to suggestions on a different mens bag of a similar prestige/calibre/sophistication

Cheers in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
One of the problems with Gucci is that because they are so iconic there are so many fakes around that people just assume that’ll be a fake. It is a lovely luxury item but I would look around possibly for something all leather (that will wear better) and one that is a bit more discreet in branding and less likely to be copied
Bicester village has a gucci outlet store
33267201-7TTgw.jpg
Have you looked in Ted Baker for some ideas?
Reading this post just seemed to intiate an involuntary hard gesture, for some reason.
Original Poster
Toptrumpet2 h, 5 m ago

One of the problems with Gucci is that because they are so iconic there …One of the problems with Gucci is that because they are so iconic there are so many fakes around that people just assume that’ll be a fake. It is a lovely luxury item but I would look around possibly for something all leather (that will wear better) and one that is a bit more discreet in branding and less likely to be copied

Toptrumpet1 h, 53 m ago

Have you looked in Ted Baker for some ideas?

Duly noted and agreed, I have a matching Gucci cardholder my Mrs bought me for my birthday last year, hence the beige colour in particular, and I get asked if it's fake all the time, which is a shame when it costs nearly 200 notes

However, if you know it and most people think it, that is the Gucci effect indeed.

I actually had my on something like the Webbing Holdall or Wool carry case from TB, but if you're gonna spend circa 150-250 on Ted Baker there is a little something in your head that says 'thats almost half a Gucci'
moob1 h, 27 m ago

Reading this post just seemed to intiate an involuntary hard gesture, for …Reading this post just seemed to intiate an involuntary hard gesture, for some reason.

I don't get it

mattmerch2 h, 0 m ago

Bicester village has a gucci outlet store [Image]

Thanks for the info, didn't know that, it's only an hour out of London and 17 quid return too...

Do you know if they have very good discounts or if they hold stock of said bags? Never been there and outlet stores in the past have been very hit and miss for me.
pretty good discounts imo

dont shop in Gucci myself
but Moncler outlet is great got a coat last year less than half price and i never see their stuff reduced anywhere else
they have Prada /Burberry / ted baker / celine / tods etc which is also good for bags , being an outlet stock varies but prices are pretty hard to beat
You can call them and ask but they do make things specifically for outlets. The other half flew to Milan last week and went to an outlet and the prices were very low if you want a day trip
Bicester Village for sure!
Doesn't look very manly, or is it just me
ding1 h, 41 m ago

I think it is hideous but I'm not a man.
Depending on which sector you work in, the Gucci wouldn't make a good impression I would assume you were either a hipster or a bit limp wristed with a gucci bag, a much safer bet would be a Tumi bag, that will show your clients or customers that you have good taste, they aren't cheap but you can get good deals at the luggage shop nr Kings cross, outlet shop at Bicester Village. or at any decent size airport.

Mine is currently 12 years old and still going strong.
Original Poster
mattmerch15th Feb

pretty good discounts imo dont shop in Gucci myself but Moncler outlet is …pretty good discounts imo dont shop in Gucci myself but Moncler outlet is great got a coat last year less than half price and i never see their stuff reduced anywhere else they have Prada /Burberry / ted baker / celine / tods etc which is also good for bags , being an outlet stock varies but prices are pretty hard to beat

wooke0115th Feb

You can call them and ask but they do make things specifically for …You can call them and ask but they do make things specifically for outlets. The other half flew to Milan last week and went to an outlet and the prices were very low if you want a day trip

jimit14515th Feb

Bicester Village for sure!

DKLS16th Feb

Depending on which sector you work in, the Gucci wouldn't make a good …Depending on which sector you work in, the Gucci wouldn't make a good impression I would assume you were either a hipster or a bit limp wristed with a gucci bag, a much safer bet would be a Tumi bag, that will show your clients or customers that you have good taste, they aren't cheap but you can get good deals at the luggage shop nr Kings cross, outlet shop at Bicester Village. or at any decent size airport.Mine is currently 12 years old and still going strong.

I work in Recruitment and will likely work in Professional Services for some time. You think so?

I know Tumi, my dad has one, but they are very dark dreary bags imo although I dont doubt their longevity
ding15th Feb

I'm not particularly manly so

I iwllcheck up this mysterious village you speak of! Perhaps I'll give them a call tomorrow as off work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants