Best Place To Pick UP Foreign Currency??

Found 17th Sep 2008
A friend is going to Norway soon and she has no idea where would be the best place to pick up some Norwegian Krone. I know the Post Office does commission free, but i dont think they always do the best rates. A few times I've found out that your better off waitin till your in the country to exchange your cash.

Whats peoples experiences and what do you think?

All help and advice appreciated, thanks in advance.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

M&s

Cheapest option is to take a Nationwide debit card - commission free & bank rates from the local atms

Original Poster

They do good rates?

Post office

Liddle ol' me;2988557

Cheapest option is to take a Nationwide debit card - commission free & … Cheapest option is to take a Nationwide debit card - commission free & bank rates from the local atms

Agreed i opened a nationwide Account when i went travelling, saves on charges

Banned

i used my credit card at the airport in greece and had a better exchange rate then i had got at m&s the week before, so think its just one of those things, you can get a good exchange rate from one place on one day and another place may be better the next etc,etc

Original Poster

Generally I find that exchange rates in the country seem better than over here, whats peoples opinion?

Did'nt work that way in Greece in July for me...was worse.

hey 4site!!!!!!!! where u been?! we usually get money out from cashpoints abroad....

dunno tough the rest of these people are more clued up..!

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;2988636

Did'nt work that way in Greece in July for me...was worse.

like i said above, it clearly depends on the day you buy, as i was in greece airport the day i used my cc i have no idea what the exchange rate was n m&s for that day, but do know the day i got mine in m&s it was lower than two days later

Original Poster

magicbeans;2988647

hey 4site!!!!!!!! where u been?! we usually get money out from cashpoints … hey 4site!!!!!!!! where u been?! we usually get money out from cashpoints abroad....dunno tough the rest of these people are more clued up..!

Lol hello hun
Where have i been? Seychelles, Dominican Republic, Italy, Spain And Turkey twice!!! Not bad for 8 months hehe
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition68745
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…22
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions