best place to rent a gaming laptop for a weekend

Found 30th May 2016
Hi all,

I'm going to insomnia 58 (lan event) and am wondering if anyone knows where I can rent a gaming laptop from. It would only need to be from Friday to Monday.

11 Comments

Never heard of renting one, if you can I would imagine a large deposit and insurance required to do it.

Does it have to be a laptop. They always do a rental service for towers. Not sure about laptops.

This is the link to prev one

Maybe they havent got a signed partnership or hasnt be made public. Either way give them a email or a call. Be better from them as there is no transport to and from the venue needed i believe

Original Poster

i just don't want to lug around a tower all weekend. It's a shame they don't do laptops!

You set it up and leave it? Ive never known to move computer spaces
Edited by: "Pitch^^" 30th May 2016

i just don't want to lug around a tower all weekend. It's a shame they … i just don't want to lug around a tower all weekend. It's a shame they don't do laptops!

While I have not been to one for many, many years (before gaming laptops) you just set up your tower and monitor and leave it all weekend. Then you either just take your keyboard, mouse, headset with you. Many had big cases and would stuff their peripherals inside and lock the side panel. They had 24 hour security watching machines and checking IDs.

For a laptop you are going to have to walk round with it and camp with it which will be a pain.

Original Poster

While I have not been to one for many, many years (before gaming laptops) … While I have not been to one for many, many years (before gaming laptops) you just set up your tower and monitor and leave it all weekend. Then you either just take your keyboard, mouse, headset with you. Many had big cases and would stuff their peripherals inside and lock the side panel. They had 24 hour security watching machines and checking IDs.For a laptop you are going to have to walk round with it and camp with it which will be a pain.

I'm just worried about leaving my computer unattended so I thought laptop would be more secure.

I'm just worried about leaving my computer unattended so I thought laptop … I'm just worried about leaving my computer unattended so I thought laptop would be more secure.

I havent been to a lan in about 8 years. But they used to log and tag every computer that was linked to your ticket and wristband. And was checked when u leave walking out with a pc.
If its anything like it was back then. You wont wanna carry the laptop around. Youl get drunk and leave it somewhere

You can normally rent one onsite
forums.multiplay.com/ins…ire

EDIT: Just seen you posted on the forums the last one you could hire a i7 2600 tower for the weekend

Edited by: "djnaff" 30th May 2016

Original Poster

Thanks all for the replies. I'm just mega paranoid and don't want to lose an expensive computer I'll keep looking!

Banned

Thanks all for the replies. I'm just mega paranoid and don't want to lose … Thanks all for the replies. I'm just mega paranoid and don't want to lose an expensive computer I'll keep looking!

just make sure its fully covered on your household insurance (call them)

Thanks all for the replies. I'm just mega paranoid and don't want to lose … Thanks all for the replies. I'm just mega paranoid and don't want to lose an expensive computer I'll keep looking!

Why not get one of those security cables for your desktop and monitor then? Only cost around a tenner. I've got one attached to my desktop and computer desk at home. Would be lost if it was taken.
Edited by: "redarrowrules" 31st May 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants