Best place to sell a brand new phone or any way of refund from Argos?

Found 29th May
Hi, what is the best way to sell a brand new sealed galaxy s9+?

I won a phone in a competition and the prize provider ordered it from Argos. I don't think there is anyway I could take it back to argos for a refund as I don't want it refunded to the original payment method, but if anyone can think of a way....? I have the order number as proof of purchase.

So I am wondering what are the safest options for selling it? Gumtree but only accept cash? thanks! Oh and I am not selling it here so please don't ask - I don't want this thread removed too!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
It is was free use it or give to a family member. Or just sell your current phone if you need money!
Edited by: "Xboxgamer321" 29th May
Lol. I only want to sell it so I can buy 5 cheaper phones so I can treat 5 family members instead of just one
Would Argos give you a refund to a gift card?
What is your definition of the 'best'?

Highest price? - eBay, but this comes with the obvious risk, Gumtree/Facebook, cash in hand, but often high value items attract time wasters.

Quickest sale? - CEX, Game etc, instant cash.

No risk? - as above, Mazuma, CEX, Game etc, should be minimal risk of any recourse should there be a problem later.

If it were me, I'd opt for Facebook, offer to friends and family first, then Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree.
nannafish25 m ago

Would Argos give you a refund to a gift card?

I will ask them, thanks.
andynicol20 m ago

What is your definition of the 'best'?Highest price? - eBay, but this …What is your definition of the 'best'?Highest price? - eBay, but this comes with the obvious risk, Gumtree/Facebook, cash in hand, but often high value items attract time wasters.Quickest sale? - CEX, Game etc, instant cash.No risk? - as above, Mazuma, CEX, Game etc, should be minimal risk of any recourse should there be a problem later.If it were me, I'd opt for Facebook, offer to friends and family first, then Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree.

Thanks. I meant the least risk, I think I will go with your thoughts and put it on the local Facebook selling sites first.
ceres3 m ago

So good you posted twice.

My last thread got locked because the mod said a rule was broken.
ceres4 m ago

So good you posted twice.

Mods seem trigger happy. I asked if they had the original receipt and if it was still sealed, if so, maybe Argos would refund to a gift card but no, mods assumed I wanted to buy the phone and deleted my post and locked OP's thread
Edited by: "thenormalone" 29th May
Spoke to Argos, they said they could only refund the original payment card and couldn't give a gift card.
Would Argos let you swap it for the five cheaper phones you want?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants