Groups
    EXPIRED

Best Place to Sell a Diamond Engagement Ring

Banned
    I have a brand new diamond engagment ring that i need to sell. Its White Gold with 1.25 carat worth of Diamonds on it in total.

Are there any websites/places to sell it dedicated to nice expensive jewelery like this as i don't fancy selling it on Ebay.

15 Comments

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

Take it in 3 local jewellers and accept the best offer

Could do that! But won't they offer wholesale?

i would just try ebay with a reserve on it

Original Poster Banned

darts*bear

i would just try ebay with a reserve on it

Yeah its my last resort just the crazy fees!

If i sell it for £1400 how much in fees and paypal would i have to pay?

just looked on ebay and found this, Auction-style final value fees
    Category
    Final selling price
    Final value fee

All categories, except those listed below
    £0.01 or more
    10% of the final selling price (up to a maximum of £40)

Mobile phones with contract
    £0.01 or more
    No fee

Property
    £0.01 or more
    No fee

dont know paypal fees though.

It would need to be worth a lot more than that if you want to get £1400 for it, in my experience...I bought one a while ago. Brand new, VS1 clarity, Platinum, valued at £1800 if I remember correctly, I paid less than £500, so to get £1400 back, I think it would realisticaly need to be worth at least double.
    Have you any pics?
    Edited by: "rehydrated" 11th Feb 2011

Original Poster Banned

Its worth alot more than £1400 but that is the price i am happy to sell it for!

Original Poster Banned

This is the specification of the ring:

Cut : Brilliant Round Cut
    Color : E-F
    Clarity : VVS-VS
    Carat Total Weight : 1.25
    Grams : 4.51
    Metal : 18k White Gold

You could stick a reserve on it, and put it on ebay. I think it is worth a shot, see if you get any interest.
    It might cost you a few quid to do this, but if it is a nice looking ring, and in a popular size, I think you could get a sale. Also offer worldwide insured shipping.
    You would also be able to sell it a a Jewellers, but price won't be what it may be worth, but you will get money back on it, and if it is just sitting in the drawer doing nothing, it might make it another viable option?
    Try the ebay thing, and if you stick it on, send me the link and I'll bid it up for you

Original Poster Banned

rehydrated

You could stick a reserve on it, and put it on ebay. I think it is worth … You could stick a reserve on it, and put it on ebay. I think it is worth a shot, see if you get any interest.It might cost you a few quid to do this, but if it is a nice looking ring, and in a popular size, I think you could get a sale. Also offer worldwide insured shipping.You would also be able to sell it a a Jewellers, but price won't be what it may be worth, but you will get money back on it, and if it is just sitting in the drawer doing nothing, it might make it another viable option?Try the ebay thing, and if you stick it on, send me the link and I'll bid it up for you

Thanks give it ago this weekend with the free listing!

Why not propose to me?

You could try selling it on here if the eBay thing doesn't work out.

Original Poster Banned

termite

Why not propose to me?

Picture? :P Who knows hey!

Original Poster Banned

sickly sweet

You could try selling it on here if the eBay thing doesn't work out.

Yeah!

Original Poster Banned

lucerysmum

try here - … try here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deal-requests/diamond-engagement-ring/872308

I have messaged but no reply!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563844
      2. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.711
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32455
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047204

See more discussions