Best place to sell a sealed 2017 Macbook pro 15"?

Found 29th Mar
So I got a gift from my uncle in Italy which is a 2017 15" Macbook pro, I want to sell it and buy a UK keyboard version. Where is the best place to sell a sealed Macbook pro without having to deal with scammers on eBay/Gumtree? I currently live in London if that'll help.

This is the model

apple.com/uk/…fig

Italian keyboard looks like this:
2918086-5g4xF.jpg
British keyboard looks like this:
2918086-wMeM4.jpg

Only reason why I want the UK version is due to the 2 important symbol placements that I need due to my profession which is programming.

Thanks!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Check with Apple if they can swap
Can't you change the keyboard in your setting? click.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Mar
Original Poster
tempt2 h, 6 m ago

Check with Apple if they can swap

Went into Apple today and they couldn't.
Original Poster
RiverDragon81 h, 39 m ago

Can't you change the keyboard in your setting? click.

Yes I can change the keyboard but not the physical keyboard. Check the screenshots in the thread.
Possibly ebay.it/ ...? Sharpish like, while we're still in the EU.
Gumtree, shpock or Facebook.

Scams can easily be avoided by only accepting cash on collection with no returns (sold as seen).
The best place would be some reputable recycling company so you won't get scammed but you won't get as much as you would selling it privately.

Selling it privately will always have risks. You could do a strict cash on collection... Then the buyer can't open cases against you after.
Use a public place for the sale as well so they don't know where you live.
Plenty of Italians in London so you'd find some student who would buy it.
Even some British person might buy it as they might not mind the Italian keyboard if they are saving some £££.

I'm Italian and have used both keyboards and as far as I know the Italian one doesn't have less symbols. If anything it has more. It has the à and other stressed vowels as we have those unlike English but I don't recall other major differences.

Can't you get used to the symbols placement or just change it to the UK keyboard via software and use those stickers they sell for keyboards?
Edited by: "hearts22" 30th Mar
her0.29th Mar

Yes I can change the keyboard but not the physical keyboard. Check the …Yes I can change the keyboard but not the physical keyboard. Check the screenshots in the thread.

Buy a wireless keyboard click for £12.99, problem solved.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 31st Mar
Original Poster
RiverDragon831st Mar

Buy a wireless keyboard click for £12.99, problem solved.

Whole point of a laptop is for portability. So no thank you.
Edited by: "her0." 2nd Apr
Lol, you're obviously not a programmer.
Original Poster
RiverDragon820 h, 59 m ago

Lol, you're obviously not a programmer.

What? I'm not a programmer because I don't want to attach an external keyboard to a PORTABLE laptop? ok
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants