Best place to sell a working iphone xr 128gb in need of repairs.

Posted 15th Dec 2019
My daughter is looking to sell her red Iphone XR 128gb which is damaged. The front screen has cracks and lcd leak damage in top corner, back screen cracked but useable, and face id doesnt work(its that corner where lcd leakage is).

in Scotland south of Aberdeen so not so many shops up this way for selling to, so any advice on shops/sites or advice for selling but not getting ripped off would be appreciated as seen them for sale on ebay but worried they would claim non receipt or return but return a different phone.

Thanks for any advice.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Have you tried cash converters? Cex won’t take it if the whole screen is smashed
Why not get it repaired or does she no longer need it ? Screen 50-80 on Ebay and rear glass less than 10. I'd say a back street repair shop, if you have any local would do it all for roughly 120-150 all in.
If not take a note of the imei number before selling on Ebay. If it did get sent back, you can check again on the screen that the number matches. State imei noted on the listing.
You’ll get over £200 on eBay and choose the £1 fees and you’ll get around £200 in total for it after postage etc. That’s better than fixing it
You’ll get up to £400 for it in decent condition so £200 more and fixing it will cost around £150 but then you risk the repair not been good or finding another problem you didn’t know about and it costing more and more. Or what I’d do is claim off my house insurance.
Also selling none working phones on eBay is quite simple because people can’t turn round and say anything about it not working and have to accept it as it is, they’ll obviously be fixing it and even if they found extra problems once fixing it then it’s to late to return to you.
olly3515/12/2019 17:44

If not take a note of the imei number before selling on Ebay. If it did …If not take a note of the imei number before selling on Ebay. If it did get sent back, you can check again on the screen that the number matches. State imei noted on the listing.

Out of interest how could you prove the person sent back a different one? Emphasis on prove please
JumpMan198015/12/2019 18:35

Out of interest how could you prove the person sent back a different one? …Out of interest how could you prove the person sent back a different one? Emphasis on prove please

By checking the emei number. Each phone has a unique number which can not be changed
Arto15/12/2019 18:38

By checking the emei number. Each phone has a unique number which can not …By checking the emei number. Each phone has a unique number which can not be changed

I know. But if I sent you a different one - yes you would know - how would you prove it?
JumpMan198015/12/2019 18:39

I know. But if I sent you a different one - yes you would know - how would …I know. But if I sent you a different one - yes you would know - how would you prove it?

Putting the original number on the eBay post
Spares or repair and state what you think is wrong with it,but your not a phone technician so no come backs. As above imei number listed.
If you list it on ebay, do a decent youtube video showing all the problems with it and demonstrating what is still working.
Thanks for all comments, she is going to try Cex/Cash Converters at weekend or see what repair shops in Dundee quote as she was thinking it would be several hundred to get fixed though knowing her the cash for January sales will be too tempting.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions