Best place to sell desktop replacement laptop

Found 27th Nov 2017
Hi there,
I was curious if anyone has any tips one the best place for me to sell my custom built desktop replacement laptop?
I would preferably like to avoid eBay (since i get nervous over the prospect of posting it), but if anyone has any experience in such a thing I will happily take advice.
Cheers in advance,
Lee
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
There are a couple of options if you want to avoid eBay, however, I've sold plenty of stuff on eBay including laptops/phones/camera equipment. As long as you use an insured trackable courier, shipping isn't normally an issue. Beware of people wanting to pay via Paypal and collect though - if you take Paypal payment, you need proof of delivery. Some people have allowed collection only to face a claim from someone who collected that goods were not received. If you do this, you will lose the claim

Gumtree - although be prepared for all kinds of offers from people wanting you to ship. Gumtree offer zero protection, so you will have to make it clear that it is local pickup/collection. Do not take offers from people wanting to arrange pickup via courier / someone else and pay you via bank transfer/paypal etc. Take cash on collection only. I personally had bad experiences and only scammers contacting me when trying to sell a car here.

Facebook marketplace - again, no protection so only accept cash on collection. Ads are marketed locally and so generally, people expect to come and collect.

Shpock - app on phone/tablet. Again, it's targeted locally. I've had mixed experiences here when selling office equipment (including computers). You do tend to get quite a few ridiculous offers on stuff.

If using Facebook/Shpock then you should really factor in the fees that you won't be paying for eBay or Paypal - people generally expect goods to be cheaper. The golden rule always though is to accept cash on collection only if someone is coming to collect goods.

Good luck!
^^
What he said
Original Poster
DeepSeaDozzer57 m ago

There are a couple of options if you want to avoid eBay, however, I've …There are a couple of options if you want to avoid eBay, however, I've sold plenty of stuff on eBay including laptops/phones/camera equipment. As long as you use an insured trackable courier, shipping isn't normally an issue. Beware of people wanting to pay via Paypal and collect though - if you take Paypal payment, you need proof of delivery. Some people have allowed collection only to face a claim from someone who collected that goods were not received. If you do this, you will lose the claimGumtree - although be prepared for all kinds of offers from people wanting you to ship. Gumtree offer zero protection, so you will have to make it clear that it is local pickup/collection. Do not take offers from people wanting to arrange pickup via courier / someone else and pay you via bank transfer/paypal etc. Take cash on collection only. I personally had bad experiences and only scammers contacting me when trying to sell a car here.Facebook marketplace - again, no protection so only accept cash on collection. Ads are marketed locally and so generally, people expect to come and collect.Shpock - app on phone/tablet. Again, it's targeted locally. I've had mixed experiences here when selling office equipment (including computers). You do tend to get quite a few ridiculous offers on stuff.If using Facebook/Shpock then you should really factor in the fees that you won't be paying for eBay or Paypal - people generally expect goods to be cheaper. The golden rule always though is to accept cash on collection only if someone is coming to collect goods.Good luck!

How have you found the AVForums? I've heard some very good things about it, and it seems like an optimnal place to sell such a high speced machine?
What is a desktop replacement laptop? Sorry, bit off centre, but I had to ask.
mrty21 m ago

What is a desktop replacement laptop? Sorry, bit off centre, but I had to …What is a desktop replacement laptop? Sorry, bit off centre, but I had to ask.

It's just a high-spec laptop that is designed to replace a desktop machine...
DeepSeaDozzer1 h, 27 m ago

It's just a high-spec laptop that is designed to replace a desktop …It's just a high-spec laptop that is designed to replace a desktop machine...

Ok thanks. Could Op not just go to gym and beef up his thighs - then he could sit his desk top on his lap?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants