Expired

Best place to sell magic the gathering cards

Found 15th May 2013
I have old cards loads of rares but not exactly sure how to sort / sell them.
Any help to get values or the help sell them would be appreciated.
Community Updates
15 Comments
Sell them on this site.
Thanks for the reply while that sounds good in theory i have literally hundreds if not a few thousand and i am totally clueless to what value they all have.
there was a magazine called Scrye which was available at pacles like Forbidden Planet which would enable to to see which are the valuable cards thus ensuring that you are ripped off when you find someone to buy them off you (as the valuable ones tend to end up on ebay). The other way to do it is find a local/independent toyshop that sells them and ask if they know of any groups that meet up and play (usually in a local pub or suchlike on a week night), and then go along there and see if anyone wants to buy them off you - they are likely to only be interested in the valuable ones, but you should be able to throw in some of the cheap ones as part of the deal. It would probably help if you sorted them into sets - there is an icon on the card either at the top or under the picture (I forget where) which indicates which set they are from and should help you identify them.

Hope that this helps
FunkyPhantom1970

there was a magazine called Scrye which was available at pacles like … there was a magazine called Scrye which was available at pacles like Forbidden Planet which would enable to to see which are the valuable cards thus ensuring that you are ripped off when you find someone to buy them off you (as the valuable ones tend to end up on ebay). The other way to do it is find a local/independent toyshop that sells them and ask if they know of any groups that meet up and play (usually in a local pub or suchlike on a week night), and then go along there and see if anyone wants to buy them off you - they are likely to only be interested in the valuable ones, but you should be able to throw in some of the cheap ones as part of the deal. It would probably help if you sorted them into sets - there is an icon on the card either at the top or under the picture (I forget where) which indicates which set they are from and should help you identify them.Hope that this helps

Thanks for the comment, although sorting them will be a few ruined weekends i reckon it will be worth it.
I don't think many of them have the symbol you talk about as they are really early editions.
I did think about ebay but listing them all would be a nightmare i will look into the magazine though thanks.
I have just looked on ebay and the symbol appears underneath the picture, and if they do not have this icon they are the early ones and they may be worth a pretty penny - especailly the Black Lotus. Failing that you could just try and sell the lot and let someone else do the sorting to see if they have a bargain
FunkyPhantom1970

I have just looked on ebay and the symbol appears underneath the picture, … I have just looked on ebay and the symbol appears underneath the picture, and if they do not have this icon they are the early ones and they may be worth a pretty penny - especailly the Black Lotus. Failing that you could just try and sell the lot and let someone else do the sorting to see if they have a bargain

I think it is worth sorting just when i get around to it, i really dont like ebay so may try listing on here or go to a meeting as you mentioned earlier if i can find rough guides to prices on the internet or in the magazines you mentioned.
Did a bit of hunting for you and found out that Scrye no longer exists, and I do not have easy access to any of my old copies. You may have to search on a card by card basis which will take you forever (findmagiccards.com/ OR blackborder.com/. If you do try and get rid of the lot let me know, as I may be interested, depending on what you want for them.
FunkyPhantom1970

Did a bit of hunting for you and found out that Scrye no longer exists, … Did a bit of hunting for you and found out that Scrye no longer exists, and I do not have easy access to any of my old copies. You may have to search on a card by card basis which will take you forever (http://findmagiccards.com/ OR http://www.blackborder.com/. If you do try and get rid of the lot let me know, as I may be interested, depending on what you want for them.

These sites are great findmagiccards.com is good as you can search and it brings up what edition to search for, just need to make sure i know which edition they are although they are in $ they help give me a guide.
I will now start cataloging in excel and hope to have a chunk of them done this weekend.
I will let you have a copy of said catalog when i have finished see if there are any you fancy, with good rates of course
Hey mate i know its a long shot but any chance you still have these cards i would be very interested.
junchi

Hey mate i know its a long shot but any chance you still have these cards … Hey mate i know its a long shot but any chance you still have these cards i would be very interested.

Yes i never got around to sorting them out to be honest
i would be really interested in them you got a price or any thing like that you would be after?
junchi

i would be really interested in them you got a price or any thing like … i would be really interested in them you got a price or any thing like that you would be after?

i still haven't cataloged them as yet so as soon as i do i'll let you know what i have.
ah fair play mate. one of the the quickest way if just to line them all up and take a picture ^^
junchi

ah fair play mate. one of the the quickest way if just to line them all … ah fair play mate. one of the the quickest way if just to line them all up and take a picture ^^

Not enough space for that, they are in name order at the moment that took long enough but i will get on with it at weekend and hopefully catalog most of them.
ah fair no worries. give me a shout the weekend i'm defiantly interested.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants