Found 22nd Feb
Anyone used Magpie site or any others to sell mobiles?

I am not sure which to use ,so any comments would be appreciated

9 Comments

All rip you off sell on here or gumtree, ebay.

Yes same as above

don't bother with magpie or similar sites

Id avoid, these kind on places were on watchdog recently.

After they offer you a tempting price on the internet, once it arrives to them they make false claims about condition and offer you far less than you ever expected (or could have got elsewhere).
This was proved in the program they sent 10 phones and every single one made up bogus scratches or defects and offered much less.

Depends on the condition of your phone I suppose.

I have got 3 iPhone 5cs that are all water logged!

I was going to put them on eBay but would probably not be worth the hassle. Music magpie offering £18 each so I'm happy with that as phones are useless anyway.

I have sold decent condition phones before to Asda mobile and happy with price offered.

Original Poster

Thank you everyone:D

Most will offer you a price and then once checked downgrade the phone and offer a cheaper price. First check that the company will send the phone back if you don't accept the revised price some don't music magpie didn't used to and kept my phone only giving me the reviewed offer price. they also did it with a game once dishonoured I think it was called magpie said it had missing artwork and they recycled the game giving me nothing it's a con I only just bought it played a few hours and sent it off to music magpie as didn't like it. Things haven't got much better as watchdog tested them on the theory and they tried to rip them off too. Taking it to CEX or selling it yourself is the better option.

Original Poster

larrylightweight

Most will offer you a price and then once checked downgrade the phone and … Most will offer you a price and then once checked downgrade the phone and offer a cheaper price. First check that the company will send the phone back if you don't accept the revised price some don't music magpie didn't used to and kept my phone only giving me the reviewed offer price. they also did it with a game once dishonoured I think it was called magpie said it had missing artwork and they recycled the game giving me nothing it's a con I only just bought it played a few hours and sent it off to music magpie as didn't like it. Things haven't got much better as watchdog tested them on the theory and they tried to rip them off too. Taking it to CEX or selling it yourself is the better option.

Thank you I will get my son to take it to Cex

I usually take mine to CEX - they will usually tell you on the spot how much you can expect for it, then they'll do some checks for about 30 min and get you to come back for the cash (if you decide to go through with it). Sure, you're probably not getting as much as you could get but it's the most hassle-free option IMO and protects you from scammers etc when selling privately. Bonus if you're hoping to get something from their shop as well, you get closer to a reasonable offer if you'll take their vouchers. They offer 2 year warranties on their used goods as well! Haven't had to use them though so don't know what they're like.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions