Best place to trade in DVD's?

Found 17th Aug 2012
So where is the best place? I have about 41 to get rid of, none of them all that special.

I went to music magpie but they offer £14.90 for the lot

So where else is good to go? Can't be bothered putting them on ebay as that is a time sink.
Community Updates
MiscDVD
18 Comments
Banned
Amazon, cash generators etc?
Original Poster
dbhoy

Amazon, cash generators etc?

I was hoping online. Amazon don't take DVD's on their trade in, there is no cash generator within an hour of me either.
I know what you mean about music magpie,I sent away about 60 CDs for about £25! But at least it cleared a space in my house

What about selling them on here? I sold loads of DVDs cheap online a couple of years ago for about £1 each plus post,managed to shift them all.
Banned
unquestioned

I was hoping online. Amazon don't take DVD's on their trade in, there is … I was hoping online. Amazon don't take DVD's on their trade in, there is no cash generator within an hour of me either.

Oh do they not, sorry didn't realise.

Erm, music magpie are poor with their valuations I know that much, sorry unquestioned, can't think of anywhere else expect fleabay but as you say, lotta hassle for not a lotta return tbh.
CEX but do not expect a great deal though
I tried selling my collection recently. What an absolute nightmare. Ended up selling 68 for £25 as they were annoying the heck outa me in the end. NOWHERE will give you a good price, trust me I checked everywhere.

I listed mine on Gumtree.
Original Poster
CEX seem to offer twice as much as magpie. I might just have to go into town tomorrow to offload them.
Original Poster
CEX wouldn't recognise all the barcodes but it did get 28.

Cash Total:
£23.20
Exchange Total:
£31.50

Yeah, I'll take that exchange total.
Just list them on here?
Original Poster
Derby_Lad

Just list them on here?

The ones that CEX won't take I might, may just give them away for postage though. I will see.
music magpie is the biggest rip off site ever

cannot believe people even think about selling to them

Banned
Havince

music magpie is the biggest rip off site evercannot believe people even … music magpie is the biggest rip off site evercannot believe people even think about selling to them

Because it's convenient and people are lazy.They send a courier to your door to collect your items as opposed to lugging your items to the nearest CEX/Post office.
unquestioned

CEX wouldn't recognise all the barcodes but it did get 28.Cash … CEX wouldn't recognise all the barcodes but it did get 28.Cash Total:£23.20Exchange Total:£31.50Yeah, I'll take that exchange total.

you can search for the dvd title, rather than the barcode. they have pretty much everything on there
Original Poster
tommay

you can search for the dvd title, rather than the barcode. they have … you can search for the dvd title, rather than the barcode. they have pretty much everything on there

It was only for a handful. I couldn't quite be bothered searching. They are all good to go now anyway.
KillFelix

Because it's convenient and people are lazy.They send a courier to your … Because it's convenient and people are lazy.They send a courier to your door to collect your items as opposed to lugging your items to the nearest CEX/Post office.

yeah but you get ripped off lol
Banned
Havince

yeah but you get ripped off lol

By definition it isn't a rip off if you accept the valuations they offer. For some items they will offer less and some more than other rival companies, and a courier collection (or even Collect+, which they offer too) beats taking your stuff to a PO or CEX store, since you're not necessarily located near one.
HMV will give you 50p each for them. Not brilliant but more than Music Magpie...
try blockbuster or hmv
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants