Expired

Best place to watch 3pm Kick-offs ?

Found 17th Aug 2013
Happy to pay to watch a legal stream for the 3pm Premier League kick-offs - just wondering which website offers the best streams for UK users? Sky / BT sports can't offer them but I think most places in Europe can.

Preferably pay per view too.

Thanks guys
Community Updates
AskWatch
29 Comments
I don't think you can legally watch 3pm kick-offs in this country.
exmouthred

I believe there was a case of a landlady showing Sports via a paid-for European stream (not Sky)... It was taken to court & agreed that she is allowed to broadcast European streams due to a free-market within Europe ?

I think anyway?
exmouthred

Really? That means millions of people are breaking the law, just think people with sky, people in pubs, people in the stadium. You best call 999
now tv? £9.99 for a 24hr pass for all sky sports channels and they usually have somekind of free codes knocking about from time to time!
Sorry! I meant Saturday 3pm kick-offs which are not shown by broadcasters based in the U.K.
XBMC.
666FU

Really? That means millions of people are breaking the law, just think … Really? That means millions of people are breaking the law, just think people with sky, people in pubs, people in the stadium. You best call 999

You can't watch 3pm Saturday games on Sky. Obviously, you can watch the match in the ground.
Firefly1

Sorry! I meant Saturday 3pm kick-offs which are not shown by broadcasters … Sorry! I meant Saturday 3pm kick-offs which are not shown by broadcasters based in the U.K.

Don't apologise, you explained it clearly in the description. People don't read and then look stupid with their misplaced sarcasm.
wiziwig.tv

also need sopcast, acestream and streamtorrent to view in good quality
These links look a little dodgy?

I don't know - but for example do Spanish have an equivalent of Sky? And do they show any English Premiere League matches? Or the French or... ?

I would like to be all legal & above board so to speak and not have to worry about a link cutting off half way through! Ideally the Spanish (or any other country) equivalent to NOW TV sports; which is probably cheaper than our version? Of course it would have to show UK Premiere league matches, but I would think some other countries would do this anyway?
Edited by: "Firefly1" 18th Aug 2013
Firefly1

These links look a little dodgy?I don't know - but for example do Spanish … These links look a little dodgy?I don't know - but for example do Spanish have an equivalent of Sky? And do they show any English Premiere League matches? Or the French or... ?I would like to be all legal & above board so to speak and not have to worry about a link cutting off half way through! Ideally the Spanish (or any other country) equivalent to NOW TV sports; which is probably cheaper than our version? Of course it would have to show UK Premiere league matches, but I would think some other countries would do this anyway?

The only way you can legally watch 3pm Saturday games, is by going to the match.
The reason why you 'can't' watch the games @ 3pm on TV is that the PL clubs wanted the fans to go to watch them live. If Sky showed the 3pm games it would have reduced ticket sales and PL clubs weren't happy about it.
exmouthred

The only way you can legally watch 3pm Saturday games, is by going to the … The only way you can legally watch 3pm Saturday games, is by going to the match.

the legality seems to be in question: satellite4pubs.co.uk/!legal

if this has been overturned etc let me know as I would be genuinly interested to find out more about this case.
exmouthred

The only way you can legally watch 3pm Saturday games, is by going to the … The only way you can legally watch 3pm Saturday games, is by going to the match.

As far as I am aware, that is wrong. Sky & UK broadcasters have been forced to not show 3pm matches. However, European counter-parts are allowed. As we are part of the Europe Union & free-trade, we are allowed to watch European broadcasters legally

I guess that's my whole point / question. I know we can't watch it via Sky, but I do believe it legal to access other EU countries to watch & pay for the broadcast.
Edited by: "Firefly1" 19th Aug 2013

From ibblackberry's link:

The EU Court AND The UK High Court has said that stopping consumers … The EU Court AND The UK High Court has said that stopping consumers buying TV from overseas was contrary to EU free trade laws.It was conceded that her appeal over using a cheaper EU decoder option in her Portsmouth pub must be allowed.There still remains the copyright ownership of all the Premier League anthem and video sequences, graphics and the screening of highlights. These were all protected under copyright. The actual live game was not protected however.

Sky lost the court battle, and I have not heard any appeal in their favour. So I presume some EU countries do broadcast live premiere league matches? And if so, which is best / recommended by HUKD members?

vinsona85

The reason why you 'can't' watch the games @ 3pm on TV is that the PL … The reason why you 'can't' watch the games @ 3pm on TV is that the PL clubs wanted the fans to go to watch them live. If Sky showed the 3pm games it would have reduced ticket sales and PL clubs weren't happy about it.

I don't want to watch them via Sky
ibblackberry1

the legality seems to be in question: … the legality seems to be in question: http://www.satellite4pubs.co.uk/#!legalif this has been overturned etc let me know as I would be genuinly interested to find out more about this case.

Apparently, the landlady who fought this case has now paid for BT Sport!
Firefly1

As far as I am aware, that is wrong. Sky & UK broadcasters have been … As far as I am aware, that is wrong. Sky & UK broadcasters have been forced to not show 3pm matches. However, European counter-parts are allowed. As we are part of the Europe Union & free-trade, we are allowed to watch European broadcasters legallyI guess that's my whole point / question. I know we can't watch it via Sky, but I do believe it legal to access other EU countries to watch & pay for the broadcast.

You can, of course, move to Spain!
exmouthred

You can, of course, move to Spain!

That's not really answering my question. Clearly, I want to watch it in the UK (since I am referring to UK broadcasters; otherwise this would be irrelevant)

Thanks for trying anyway

Bit surprised there's no larger discussion on this as an alternative to Sky since it is legal as the landlady was cleared in court (and I can't find any case where it has been proven to be illegal).
Firefly1

That's not really answering my question. Clearly, I want to watch it in … That's not really answering my question. Clearly, I want to watch it in the UK (since I am referring to UK broadcasters; otherwise this would be irrelevant)Thanks for trying anyway :)Bit surprised there's no larger discussion on this as an alternative to Sky since it is legal as the landlady was cleared in court (and I can't find any case where it has been proven to be illegal).

So why is this landlady now paying for BT Sport if she can legally get a cheaper service elsewhere?
exmouthred

So why is this landlady now paying for BT Sport if she can legally get a … So why is this landlady now paying for BT Sport if she can legally get a cheaper service elsewhere?

The case was against Sky, not BT sport. I would imagine BT sport is much cheaper as it is for personal customers. But you can phone & ask her if you prefer

Happy to be shown evidence (via court cases) though stating it is illegal, although in the mean time, any ideas of where I can pay to watch these matches? Thank you
Firefly1

The case was against Sky, not BT sport. I would imagine BT sport is much … The case was against Sky, not BT sport. I would imagine BT sport is much cheaper as it is for personal customers. But you can phone & ask her if you prefer Happy to be shown links though stating it is illegal, although in the mean time, any ideas of where I can pay to watch these matches? Thank you

If it's legal, why don't I see many places showing matches from these foreign broadcasters anymore? Pay for Sky like the rest of us. Their coverage is really quite good.
exmouthred

If it's legal, why don't I see many places showing matches from these … If it's legal, why don't I see many places showing matches from these foreign broadcasters anymore? Pay for Sky like the rest of us. Their coverage is really quite good.

I have both Sky & BT Sports
Firefly1

I have both Sky & BT Sports

You could buy a season ticket for your local club, so you can watch a match on Saturday afternoon.
exmouthred

You could buy a season ticket for your local club, so you can watch a … You could buy a season ticket for your local club, so you can watch a match on Saturday afternoon.

Not interested in that (or I would have made a thread regarding best place to buy local club tickets lol), thank you. Only interested in pay-per-view EU country alternatives if any exist

Anyone else got any ideas? Maybe it's not possible

Aljazeera sports tv or premierleaguepass,there is a thread over at digital spy telling you how you can get these streams.

Firefly1

Not interested in that (or I would have made a thread regarding best … Not interested in that (or I would have made a thread regarding best place to buy local club tickets lol), thank you. Only interested in pay-per-view EU country alternatives if any existAnyone else got any ideas? Maybe it's not possible

Firefly1

Not interested in that (or I would have made a thread regarding best … Not interested in that (or I would have made a thread regarding best place to buy local club tickets lol), thank you. Only interested in pay-per-view EU country alternatives if any existAnyone else got any ideas? Maybe it's not possible

Maybe, I'm right then.
reidy1970

Aljazeera sports tv or premierleaguepass,there is a thread over at … Aljazeera sports tv or premierleaguepass,there is a thread over at digital spy telling you how you can get these streams.

Thank you, that's the kind of thing I was looking for.

exmouthred

Maybe, I'm right then.

Nope, reidy1970 got it in 1

Thanks very much everyone
Edited by: "Firefly1" 20th Aug 2013

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions