Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Best platform for playing the Lottery/EuroMillions?

Posted 15th JulEdited by:"PenguinsForAll"
Afternoon folks!

I am going to setup a direct debit to stick a couple quid on a lottery each week - which platform is the best currently?

I remember years ago when I was doing it, Lottoland worked out better for EuroMillions as they are £2 per ticket and it costs £2.50 elsewhere but I can't recall if the odds/payout is the same.

Anyone that is clued up with recent information care to shed some light on this?

If anyone is thinking about replying about how playing the lottery is a waste etc, don't bother.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I just play on the official national lottery site. Very easy to set up. Funds go to your balance as soon as you win. On the off change you hit the jackpot I wouldn’t want to have to try and claim £20m from a third party supplier.
8 Comments
I just play on the official national lottery site. Very easy to set up. Funds go to your balance as soon as you win. On the off change you hit the jackpot I wouldn’t want to have to try and claim £20m from a third party supplier.
Ditto, official National Lottery site. Your money will go to charity and to give Canadian teachers a nice retirement.
Just in case, be aware of the differences between the options

Lottoland for example is a betting site where you bet on the numbers being drawn from a lottery elsewhere

National lottery, is direct and the wins are dependant on numbers of winners for prize levels.
Thanks for the replies everyone, I may just use the national lottery as it's "better" odds than EuroMillions.
There's only one place you can play it, the official site, you can't do it anywhere else.
Playing the lottery is a waste tbh
There's nothing wrong with lottoland by the way, they've been going for quite some time. From memory they were the first to offer the Irish lottery in the UK.

I'm not going to say that the lottery is a waste, but I don't see the point in getting numbers every week. I tend to wait for the bigger payouts then buy a few tickets. Chances are the same whether it's a small or large payout, you might as well aim for something a bit more 'life changing'. It also means I can afford a couple extra tickets when the specials appear, for instance last weeks 100 million euro.
slimy3116/07/2020 07:54

There's nothing wrong with lottoland by the way, they've been going for …There's nothing wrong with lottoland by the way, they've been going for quite some time. From memory they were the first to offer the Irish lottery in the UK. I'm not going to say that the lottery is a waste, but I don't see the point in getting numbers every week. I tend to wait for the bigger payouts then buy a few tickets. Chances are the same whether it's a small or large payout, you might as well aim for something a bit more 'life changing'. It also means I can afford a couple extra tickets when the specials appear, for instance last weeks 100 million euro.

To be fair the difference in my life between winning £3 million and £9 million on the National Lottery is negligible

All of the more likely lower tier prizes remain the same, so I don't mind entering regularly without needing to remember or put any effort into it, passive.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants