Found 27th Dec 2014
Any views on which is the better pod coffee machine out of Talissimo and Dolce Gusto please.

18 Comments

Dolce gusto broke within a year at our house. Wasn't even used everyday.

Original Poster

I'm tempted to get the Talissimo as it seems to have a bigger choice of drinks.

I have both a Dolce Gusto and a Tassimo. And have to say I prefer the latter, better selection of drinks and quality seems higher.

They become great dust collectors after the novelty value wheres off, sorry!

We bought Dolce Gusto version and 12 months later never used anymore......

I bought my OH Dolce Gusto for Xmas 2 years ago and have used it every day since - we love it. Have had to descale it twice but other than that no problems

Katkinnie

I bought my OH Dolce Gusto for Xmas 2 years ago and have used it every … I bought my OH Dolce Gusto for Xmas 2 years ago and have used it every day since - we love it. Have had to descale it twice but other than that no problems

Same as above, had the DG for over two year, love it, used multiple times, used every day. Set up amazon subscribe and save for pods, which seems to work out the cheapest. Love their esspresso range which has a few varieties. At tesco they have a DG machine for 29.50 which has £10 off first pods purchased so even if you dont like it you could easily give it as a gift after

you cant beat a french press or stove top, simple, cheaper to make coffee, and dare I say a better end product

why limit yourself to a certain brand, with a couple of blends of coffee, theres a whole world of coffee out there, embrace it.

Edited by: "eset12345" 27th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Thank you for all your great comments, I'm still not sure which one though. What's the pros and cons of each.

I would advise that you get to taste the coffees if you can, I bought a Tassimo and couldn't find a coffee I really liked.

We use the DC, better selection of pods on their site and they have promotions quite regularly.

The non coffee drinks are worth a look like hot chocolate, Marrakesh tea and Chai tea

DG gets my vote only because it's the only one I have used/tasted

Ours never gets used, find the pods are too expensive and they don't all taste very nice, the drinks it produces are also tiny, don't expect a mug full, a mere cup at best.

I also have both and much prefer my tassimo. I use it daily for my morning Costa Americano
Edited by: "INDUSTRYHATER" 27th Dec 2014

I have a Dolce Gusto machine so I will give that my vote!

We have a tassimo t40 and its great, nice range of drinks and easy to use. Can work out quite expensive for a drink around 50p a latte, soon adds up when guests are raound. Love the hot chocolate range. People complain about the milk but ive never had a problem and don't mind the taste.

I have a nespresso and I love it. Also use a french press depends on my mood at time didn't fancy other systems as many are pre - sweetened

I would look at what you want, coffee only? I did a lot of shopping around trying out the options, looking at the price of pods. We ended up with a DG. Chocolate option for son, chai for me...on the more expensive models you can decide on water ratio.

Original Poster

Thankyou for some great advice, I'm probably going to go for the Talissimo for the variety of drinks.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Electric Bike Advice.11
    2. Foo fighters presale code.2424
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code67
    4. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…68

See more discussions