Best Portable CD Player For Car Aux?

Posted 8th Dec 2018
My girlfriend does not have a CD player in her company vehicle, only Bluetooth and Aux-in. Can anyone recommend a decent portable CD player which is robust, rechargeable or can be plugged in via the car charger port. Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Plug mp3 player or mobile phone in via aux-in.. If you don't want cables you can get a Bluetooth adapter and plug that in the aux port in car then just stream from phone if you have music subscription. We use amazon music as have prime
Edited by: "wayners" 8th Dec 2018
wayners08/12/2018 12:26

Plug mp3 player or mobile phone in via aux-in.. If you don't want cables …Plug mp3 player or mobile phone in via aux-in.. If you don't want cables you can get a Bluetooth adapter and plug that in the aux port in car then just stream from phone if you have music subscription. We use amazon music as have prime

Unfortunately my girlfriend is unable to move on with the times and let go of her CD collection
slex8810 m ago

Unfortunately my girlfriend is unable to move on with the times and let go …Unfortunately my girlfriend is unable to move on with the times and let go of her CD collection

Fine, but she should then rip them to mp3 and shove them all into storage somewhere. It's a lot less faff and she won't have to change discs every hour.
Yeah. I put all my cds on Google music and free. Apple music is the same. You then just flick through and select which ones you want to pin to phone so they play offline so don't use data allowance. A quick flick around you can change what's on the phone phone from the many stored online. I have a portable cd player for car bought 25+ years ago. Made by Sony but its not great. Where to put. Jumps a bit. Best swap the car stereo for cd player built in if that's what you want to do
Edited by: "wayners" 8th Dec 2018
Just spend an afternoon ripping CD's to mp3 click (fast forward to 2m33s). Boxed away all my CD's years ago. If she got a SD card slot on her phone then buy something like this click/click.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 8th Dec 2018
slex883 h, 10 m ago

Unfortunately my girlfriend is unable to move on with the times and let go …Unfortunately my girlfriend is unable to move on with the times and let go of her CD collection

Pretty much any later Sony Discman will have great shock handling, older Sony stuff has decent support for stuff like power cables so you'll likely find 12v power cables quite easily.
Why can't you swap radio for cd player.. You need to pull out and slide new one in. No wiring other than push fit conectors that can only go in one way. Slide new stereo in... Takes about 15mins start to finish
A CD player from the early to mid 2000s will be best. Look for a good Sony walkman model with anti-skio and shock handling. You can also get CD wobble plates that stop skipping but they come with the cheap CD players. Good anti skip has a flash nand buffer. 2nd hand is the way to go.
Edited by: "mogsog" 8th Dec 2018
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants