Groups

Best pound for pound Mobile

I'm coming to the end of my mobile contract and can sell my Samsung S6 edge 64gb Gold for £240 with no issues. But I want to replace it with a phone that has warranty, what phones do I look at?

Ideally, I want to invest that £240 into another phone and not spend much more, if anything at all. What to go for.

Sony Z5 Premium? LG G5? What about the Moto G4 will that do the job?

Any thoughts will be welcome. All the best.

20 Comments

keep your phone and get a SIM only contract. It's still a very good phone.

Check out bank accounts with "free" mobile phone insurance (RBS does it, as does Nationwide).

Original Poster

fazzy-bhoy

keep your phone and get a SIM only contract. It's still a very good … keep your phone and get a SIM only contract. It's still a very good phone.Check out bank accounts with "free" mobile phone insurance (RBS does it, as does Nationwide).

​Free mobile insurance. Didn't even know that was available through the banks. Cheers for that.

I'm happy with the phone but will want to get rid so I can have peace of mind with the warranty on a new phone.

Original Poster

That said, the free insurance will give peace of mind.

Original Poster

fazzy-bhoy

keep your phone and get a SIM only contract. It's still a very good … keep your phone and get a SIM only contract. It's still a very good phone.Check out bank accounts with "free" mobile phone insurance (RBS does it, as does Nationwide).

​But sim only is the way I am going anyway. Ee have ultd mins and txts with 4gb of data for £8.99 on retention. So that's what I'll go for going forward.

StoneyWales

​But sim only is the way I am going anyway. Ee have ultd mins and txts w … ​But sim only is the way I am going anyway. Ee have ultd mins and txts with 4gb of data for £8.99 on retention. So that's what I'll go for going forward.

Whaaaaaaa

How much would new customers be paying for that package?

StoneyWales

​But sim only is the way I am going anyway. Ee have ultd mins and txts w … ​But sim only is the way I am going anyway. Ee have ultd mins and txts with 4gb of data for £8.99 on retention. So that's what I'll go for going forward.

That's a very good deal, the UK's best network by far too.

best pound for pound mobile is the one you already have.

What about Honor p9 lite? I have Honor 7 and sin has huawei y6 and we can't fault them. Check out specs here..

carphonewarehouse.com/hua…tml!colour=black&capacity=16GB&dealType=pg&tabID=specificationData

don't think you will get a better phone for your money

preecey

Depends where you are i have o2 for personal and ee for my business and the o2 is marginally better in this area but i agree overall ee is very good. Owned by bt now

peeej1978

best pound for pound mobile is the one you already have.

May be he is seeking the 2nd best pound for pound phone but with warranty.

preecey

Not in my house it's not

StoneyWales

​Free mobile insurance. Didn't even know that was available through the b … ​Free mobile insurance. Didn't even know that was available through the banks. Cheers for that. I'm happy with the phone but will want to get rid so I can have peace of mind with the warranty on a new phone.

It's not free. It comes with packaged current accounts that charge a fee every month.

mrew42

Not in my house it's not

EE have the most widespread 3G and 4G coverage in the UK in terms of geographical and population coverage. The fact that it doesn't work in your house doesn't mean it's a poor network, it means that it just unfortunately doesn't work in your house.

preecey

EE have the most widespread 3G and 4G coverage in the UK in terms of … EE have the most widespread 3G and 4G coverage in the UK in terms of geographical and population coverage. The fact that it doesn't work in your house doesn't mean it's a poor network, it means that it just unfortunately doesn't work in your house.

So it's not the best - for me
    See what I did there?

Original Poster

SorJai

Whaaaaaaa :oHow much would new customers be paying for that package?

​I'm not sure, always worth giving them a call and quoting the price.

Original Poster

preecey

​Retention deal it is. I've already got 2 lines on this deal. 1 for My wife and another for my daughter. Makes sense to go sim only myself for that price.

Original Poster

mubashar

May be he is seeking the 2nd best pound for pound phone but with warranty.

​Good shout, I am looking for a top pound for pound phone for warranty.

Keep your current phone. Nothing tops it for £240

P9 is around 350 but top of the range phone plus UK warranty
    Also look at honor 8 on Amazon it's going 260 or 270 but usual price is same as p9
    I do think ee will sell u pay as go phone without topup as well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men66
      2. Any good robotic lawn mower someone could recommend?22
      3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment610
      4. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies34

See more discussions