Expired

Best Price : Canon 40D or 450D Digital SLR camera

Found 11th Dec 2008
Does anyone know of say an independent Camera Shop / retailer doing a good Deal on any of the following? :-
Canon EOS 40D - Body only - (best price found £555.55 - Dixons)
Canon EOS 40D Lens Kit (EF-S 17-85 IS) - (best price found £743.55 - Dixons)
Canon EOS 450D - Body only - (best price found £369.00 - 7 Day Shop)
Canon EOS 450D + 18-55mm IS Lens - (best price found £433.00 - John Lewis)

these best prices where picked up on the
camerapricebuster.co.uk
website and include p&p plus the Dixons ones include using the VAT3 discount code.

I also know that should I buy any of the above I can claim a further £50 for the 450D or £60 for the 40D before 12th January.

Cheers
MM

10 Comments

Get an Amex here: hst.tradedoubler.com/fil…htm and receive £40 jessops vouchers. And you also get up to £60 cash back from canon.

Pity jessops have stopped doing the tenner off deal though, that was on till 10th Dec. Luckily I reserved my 40D with the £10 discount which will be honoured for the 7 days.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that the vouchers might get delivered after 12th jan

Original Poster

Thanks My-Planet
Great suggestion :thumbsup:

£40 of vouchers is not to be sniffed at and it's certainly worth considering depending on what I decide to go for
Jessops is selling the
450D body for £42.05 more than the cheapest available (no saving)
450D lens kit for £11.54 more (28.46 saving)

40D body for £12.10 more (27.90 saving)
40D lens kit for £49.79 more (no saving)

Cheers
MM

Found this web site, which seems to be tracking the 450D prices.

canoneos450d.co.uk/

At the moment - £433.66 at Amazon is the cheapest.

I'm on the look out for one before the £40 cashback offer finishes.

Original Poster

7 Day Shop have it now at [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]£423.00 [/COLOR][/SIZE]delivered :thumbsup:

7dayshop.com/cat…551

MM

Top tip for anyone out there looking for a 450d... I've just got back from my local Comet and picked up a new 450d with IS kit lens for £332!!! the guy said they are no longer stocking this model and so had a managers special!! its not even like its an old model.

If this is the case at my comet, I would imagine it is group policy so worth investigating if you are hunting.

Note: it was ex-display though from within a sealed cabinet which they said was hardly opened.... I inspected the lens inside and out and it was fingerprint free which made me think this was fine.

happy hunting,
Nick.

Just noticed on the thread above that there is a £40 cash back still on! that makes it £292 for a 450d kit!!!!!!

Now that I am happy with!! :-)

Nick.

ngard81;3782214

Top tip for anyone out there looking for a 450d... I've just got back … Top tip for anyone out there looking for a 450d... I've just got back from my local Comet and picked up a new 450d with IS kit lens for £332!!! the guy said they are no longer stocking this model and so had a managers special!! its not even like its an old model. If this is the case at my comet, I would imagine it is group policy so worth investigating if you are hunting.Note: it was ex-display though from within a sealed cabinet which they said was hardly opened.... I inspected the lens inside and out and it was fingerprint free which made me think this was fine.happy hunting,Nick.

Thanks for that - just done the same. They gave me 20% so got it for £359 and £50 cashback!

da_murphster;3809103

Thanks for that - just done the same. They gave me 20% so got it for … Thanks for that - just done the same. They gave me 20% so got it for £359 and £50 cashback!

May I ask which Comet you went to? Was it ex-display, or did you have to ask for the discount>

Thanks

Just been into our local comet and they wold price match but offered no discounts on the 450D and they ahve lots in stock.
Post a comment
@
    Text