Expired

best price for 2gb ram

5 replies
Found 22nd Apr 2008
I have decided to upgrade my RAM to the 4GB value ( although i know my system will only use 3.5Gb) i see it must improve it a little from the 2gb its currently running.

I am looking for 667mhz ddr2 pc2-5300 so it says on crucial website.

I have seen some at ebuyer for a matched pair at just under £30 for them inc del. Kingston make.
can anyone find me a better price with delivery ?

thanks in advance

5 Comments

Value stuff wont make your pc any faster, you will just have more memory to slowly access.

Better off getting two decent 1GB and running then as dual. 1033mhz minimum if your not DDR3.

Corsair or OCZ or something

Original Poster

i have a dell dimesion 520 with 2gb ram , im sure its just the value stuff, what would you suggest i buy to make it faster ? im sure its not ddr3 ddr2 only

katya1971;1947020

what would you suggest i buy to make it faster ?

That depends on what it has now, what are the specifications and operating system?

And 2GB is quite a lot already, you'll only see an improvement if you're currently using more than that.

djdaface;1946790

Value stuff wont make your pc any faster, you will just have more memory … Value stuff wont make your pc any faster, you will just have more memory to slowly access.Better off getting two decent 1GB and running then as dual. 1033mhz minimum if your not DDR3.Corsair or OCZ or something

:thinking: couldnt agree with that, 'slow' ram will still be quicker than no ram

I've still got the matched dual chan memory that came with my Dell xps420 in january... never used it.. 3gb worth... 2 * 1gb and 2 * 512 dual channel pc-5300.. have to get round to putting it on ebay..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return11
    2. 241 cinema code - how to ask?22
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch11
    4. Credit Card Debt Question...66

See more discussions