Groups

best price for a new car key

got a new used car but only came with 1 key. anybody know of anywhere that will cut and code a key cheaper than vauxhall (£180).
    thanks for any answers

10 Comments

I got one from my local locksmith shop, vauxhall quoted £130 and locksmith done it for £90, that was a few years ago mind. I think certain timpsons do car keys but I found them to be similarly priced to the dealers

Try a local mobile locksmith, they charge around £100-£115 in my area for a coded transponder key , still not cheap but cheaper than a dealer.

I was recommended Excalibur by my mechanic, they come out to you and do it there and then.
    They mainly cover the north west, not sure what area you're in.

Excalibur - yell.com page.

Timpsons, mate at work, needed a spare, dealer too expensive, shown me and it's the same as the dealers, not a copy lookalike!!!!!, saved him a fortune.

Original Poster

would it work for the central locking aswell?

faulkner893

would it work for the central locking aswell?

Central locking is generally user-configurable. More critical is the correct programming of any security transponder that permits engine start.

try Timpson, my dad bought a 2014 Honda CRV. Honda wanted £360 for two keys but Timpson did it for £75 per key

I have heard good reports about timpsons, even on more problematic cars.

try the main dealer in the areas. not just your first one. I know renault near me do a copy for less than £100.
    eBay advertise people cutting keys
    Edited by: "srp111" 2nd Jun

Where are you based? Both my Vauxhall Insignia keys snapped off their fobs (very cheap casting methods used by Vauxhall).

I went to Stanley Security in Southport and they replaced both keys in under 20 mins. They fella there charges me £30 per key (he simply transferred the circuit board from my old fobs to the new ones, but he also gave me the remote locking code for future reference.

I highly recommend these guys if you're local!

lockandkeyworld.co.uk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians78
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions