Groups
    EXPIRED

Best price for a PS3 console/bundle

hi,

I am looking to buy a new PS3 but am not sure what is a good deal and what isn't. Can anyone suggest anywhere that has a good deal on just the console OR a bundle including games. Online or offline. I did a search but it came up with mostly deals from 3 months ago. I think an 80gb is what I'm after.

thanks.

7 Comments

play.com/Gam…tml

This is a fairly cheap deal. What size hard drive are u after?

Original Poster

^Thanks. was just editing my post when you replied - probably 80gb. I saw a deal on amazon - £289 for 80gb PS3, one game and HDMI cable but wasn't sure if I could get better? Seems the prices have gone up since xmas.

jojass;4582019

^Thanks. was just editing my post when you replied - probably 80gb. I saw … ^Thanks. was just editing my post when you replied - probably 80gb. I saw a deal on amazon - £289 for 80gb PS3, one game and HDMI cable but wasn't sure if I could get better? Seems the prices have gone up since xmas.

That seems like a very good deal mate.

You might find that you could find a good deal in the stores themselves rather than online..

I got my 60gb ps3 last xmas for £350.. that was the console only. lol

I'm in the same situation as I've told every PS3 thread around here.

Best deal I can find is 300 for 80GB PS3, Killzone 2 + another good game and HDMI cable at amazon.

ive been looking for one too. ive been told to wait till april as there doing a price drop. maybe why the deals are not good at the mo.

Original Poster

Ok cheers everyone. I just wanted to check to see if £290-300 was an ok price. I've ordered the one from Play.com with killzone - after the 5% RAC discount and cashback it comes to about £272 so not bad really.

I'd wait but I will probably have spent the money on junk by the time there's a better deal!

jojass;4582019

^Thanks. was just editing my post when you replied - probably 80gb. I saw … ^Thanks. was just editing my post when you replied - probably 80gb. I saw a deal on amazon - £289 for 80gb PS3, one game and HDMI cable but wasn't sure if I could get better? Seems the prices have gone up since xmas.

Why

Go to ARGOS spend 249.99 for 40 gb console
    Then ebyer etc for a 320gb 5400 drive and change the drive out.
    Takes 5 mins 5 screws youtube have videos of what to do is easy.
    If not find cheepist price for 80gb version then go to richer sounds for a price match
    They will give £10.00 cheper +5 year warrany for 10% of purchase price
    Hope this helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3944
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions