Groups
    EXPIRED

Best Price for a reliable External Hard Drive??

Hi,

I'm looking in to getting my husband an external hard drive for Father's Day. Having read a lot of different deals on here I am not at all sure what would be best.

The Tesco deal for an Iomega 1 TB seems a great price but I am worried if this is one of the less reliable ones or if it is ok?

Any help would be most appreciated

Also is getting him a HDD for Father's Day like him getting me an ironing board for Christmas?? He loves gadgets so thought it was a good idea!

4 Comments

The Tesco Iomega drive is fantastic. I use it as my network drive, so it is always on and works perfectly.

I assume it is the some one they were a while ago, about £60?

I use it to back up the four laptops and one desktop overnight, and to stream video and music.

Depends what you need it for, but I recommend it.

Original Poster

It is just under £70 now:

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

Was also looking at some on Amazon for £80/£75 there were Buffalo and Western Digital drives available and I wasn't sure whether it would be better to spend the extra if they are more reliable.

amazon.co.uk/Wes…1-2

amazon.co.uk/Buf…CIW

It'd be for backing up his pc and music collection as well as videos and photos.

Yeah it looks like a good external HD and a great price too! Cant find many cheaper than that. Gets good reviews as well.

Heres a seagate one on play - £74.99
    ]http//ww…ive
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????58
      2. Photobook for up to 400 photos?34
      3. MacBook22
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££23

See more discussions