Expired

Best Price For An External Portable Hard Drive?

Found 27th Nov 2006
Hi i am looking for an external portable hard drive either 300gig or 320 gig can anybody recommend any makes and prices.Also which have the best reviews any information would be much appreciated

3 Comments

I just had the Maxtor 320gb one delivered from Dabs.bought there because I had a voucher to use....it does what it says on the tin but is very basic...you can only switch it off by disconnecting the power supply and is only USB...no firewire.

I simply wanted something to back up my son's huge data store...so it suits me....at Dabs it was just shy of £70 with a steep £6 postage ..3% quidco...but I had a tenner off with a voucher they sent that could only be used by me..or I'd have shared it on here.

Aldi have a Medion 320GB one for £77.99 (3/12/06), not sure how good it is was just browsing this site and that site.

http://aldi.co.uk/pic/space.gif
Simply upgrade your existing notebook or PC with this fantastic 320GB external hard disk drive.
[LIST]
[*]High quality aluminium housing
[*]320GB hard disk capacity
[*]8MB cache
[*]7,200rpm
[*]Transfer rate: USB 2.0 – max. 480 mbit/sec. SATA transfer rate: 3Gbit/s
[*]Massive storage capacity for notebook or desktop computer, over 98,000 digital photos (3MB per photo), 73,000 MP3 songs (4MB per song), 192 hours of TV recording (depending on recording quality)
[*]Includes USB cable, external power adaptor, CD driver and desktop stand[/LIST]

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply's guys much appreciated. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text