Groups
    EXPIRED

Best price for car cycle rack please

Hi

Im looking for a cycle rack/carier for my husbands vectra preferably able to carry 3 cycles but 2 would be ok.

Im sure i see one on here a while back ?

Anyone have any best prices please ?

Many Thanks

6 Comments

Is the Vectra the hatchback, Saloon or Estate??

I had a boot mounted one but found it a hassle with limiting access to the boot when bikes mounted..

I went for a set of roof bars for my Audi A4 so the bikes where up out of the way... clear visibility all around, no need to purchase a lighting board and a new reg plate which you have to have by law.. (also if you dont have a towbar, it's a hassle getting the power for the lighting board..)

The police can give you 3 points for not showing a reg plate and limited lighting..

In regards to where i purchased it..... Just kept my eyes open for a deal on EBAY.. -

Here's a pic below on the bikes on my car...

Rick

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/RIMG0016-2.jpg

nice car rick :thumbsup:

yeah i agree with rick although i aint a posh car like him LOL
    Have a look around carboot sales thats were i got mine

clarelouise25;4562169

nice car rick :thumbsup:

cheers :thumbsup: --

RickT

Original Poster

Hi All

Thanks,not having a cycle carrier before as i wouldnt let hubby attach one to my car,he has decided to to get one for the trusty Vectra.
    I must admit though Rick having the cycles on the roof does make alot more sense hadnt really given the number plate stuff a thought to be honest im not 100% sure how they fit.
    Our car boots here start up again at the end of this month so will go have a look and keep an eye on e bay,dont really want to spend alot of money as it wont be used all that much.

jacqui*w;4562672

Hi AllThanks,not having a cycle carrier before as i wouldnt let hubby … Hi AllThanks,not having a cycle carrier before as i wouldnt let hubby attach one to my car,he has decided to to get one for the trusty Vectra.I must admit though Rick having the cycles on the roof does make alot more sense hadnt really given the number plate stuff a thought to be honest im not 100% sure how they fit.Our car boots here start up again at the end of this month so will go have a look and keep an eye on e bay,dont really want to spend alot of money as it wont be used all that much.

The roof bars on mine where around £40 ish.. and bike carriers where about £20 each..

I have 2 sets which i picked up cheap, use as spares or lend to mates when we go away etc...(but it was worth it for me due to the amount of use)

Best bet if your not in a rush just keep looking on ebay and the likes..

Lets us know how you get on.

PS... if you go for the roof bars.... ITS SO EASY TO FORGET about car park barriers and low tress!! !! lol :-)

Rick
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32451
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047111
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767265
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions