Posted 13 October 2022

Best Price on Brand New Omega Speedmaster Professional (310.30.42.50.01.002) in the UK

Hi,

I am looking at buying a brand new sapphire sandwich Speedmaster. All my watches more with RRP more than a £1000 were bought used but in mint condition.

The Speedmaster, however I want to buy brand new. I don't mind buying from a grey market dealer but the only one I know and trust in the UK, Iconic Watches cannot get me one.

I was wondering how much discount I could manage from an authorised dealer? I live in North West England.

Any suggestions please!
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/wat…nal

I've bought from them before. Discount on what you want is only 5% though. You should easily see 10%-20% if you visit an AD* and are paying cash.

*you may need to visit multiple AD's to get a decent deal, but it's worth the effort.
    Author
    It has arrived!

48658263-GIVtS.jpg (edited)
    Author
    There is one on eBay for £5795. This represents just shy of 15% discount but seller will consider offers. I was a little put off because of the lack of photos and also the protective stickers on the bracelet or on the caseback don't look like the original. There is no sticker on the crystal. The warranty card is stamped: 01/07/22 but I'm wondering if it has had some use.

ebay.co.uk/itm…630
    The ebay company address wouldn't full me with confidence if I was spending near on 6k, although there's very few things I'd spend that kinda money in via ebay. Go to you local AD try one on and enquire on discount. Get yourself on the watchuseek forums and look at some of the omega threads

Ebay company HANNONS TRADING LTD
    48436866-SIUsh.jpg
    find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/off…nts (edited)
    I've heard of people haggling ADs, but I've never personally done it. I'm sure some dealers will be more negotiable than others. Perhaps your best bet would be to talk to a couple locally and see the sort of discount they could provide.

Also consider that some ADs give you freebies when purchasing directly from them(WoS do free Montblanc pen/Wolf Watch Winders etc). Should you not wish to keep this, you could always sell the items to regain a bit of cash.
    Author
    Yeah I think your right. I need to visit local ADs. I think I maybe need to focus on independent ADs rather than the Omega Boutiques and the chains like Goldsmiths and Watches of Switzerland etc.
    It's a bad time to buy one.

Christmas is soon, so watch shops are unlikely to offer a good discount. Usually in January you can get 10 to 15% discount on most Omega watches (if you're good at asking).

Often it's worth to book a one week holiday in Dubai and buy a watch there tax free (ship the box and documents to yourself via mail). But right now pound is so weak it's not worth it.
    Author
    I counter-offered £5600 and they said they couldn't do it at that price. I tried £5700 but they said the very lowest would be £5780. I bought it at this price and it represents a 15% discount from RRP.

I wasn't making much progress with the other ADs. Not sure if I could have achieved a 20% discount if I waited until January.

They have ordered me a fresh piece and it will take 7-10 days to arrive.
    Are you happy with your new watch? I recently purchased a 2 year old seamaster from a seller on eBay. It is in like new condition. Paid £3600 for it. Not bad considering they retail at £5100 now. It looks great and I'm really happy with it. I think the speed aster my be my next watch........ In afew years.
    Author
    Yes I love it. I also bought a Seamaster in August.
's avatar