Best product for curly hair?

Posted 20th Nov
Hello. My partner has got curly her but with the humidity it gets really fizzy. Does anyone knows of a product that can help wirh these? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
These are fantastic and a great price atm.
Cantu and Creme of Nature are both fab and pretty low cost. You can get both in Superdrug and Cantu at least in Boots.
jambone21/11/2019 02:05

These are fantastic and a great price atm.

VEry funny... Not
Kurando21/11/2019 05:28

Cantu and Creme of Nature are both fab and pretty low cost. You can get …Cantu and Creme of Nature are both fab and pretty low cost. You can get both in Superdrug and Cantu at least in Boots.

ANy specific model? When and how often do you apply it?
I'm currently using the Cantu conditioner followed by Creme of Nature curl activator. I leave the conditioner on when in the bath (gives me time to read some of my book) then the curl activator goes on to towel dried hair. Leave it to air dry and I usually then just run a comb through the very top of my hair as the cream can go a little crunchy there. I sleep with my hair in a high scrunchy to try and keep the curls away from the pillow as much as possible when I sleep and then take it down in the morning, at this point all I need is a little (pea sized) amount of curl activator just to get rid of any frizz that's happened over night.

I've always struggled with getting my hair to stay curly over several days without just becoming a frizz monster and this stuff is really working, my hair is the shiniest and curliest it's been in a long time. I usually get 3 days out of it before I wash it and start again.
I've got the same problem, using TIGI Rockaholic Heavens Door Shampoo / Conditioner 355ml £1.99 from Savers & Dr Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum 100ml
ellenw21/11/2019 09:37

I've got the same problem, using TIGI Rockaholic Heavens Door Shampoo / …I've got the same problem, using TIGI Rockaholic Heavens Door Shampoo / Conditioner 355ml £1.99 from Savers & Dr Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum 100ml

DOes it actually work? Thank you
I_Mu21/11/2019 11:24

DOes it actually work? Thank you

Its the best I've tried over the years, really expensive stuff hasn't worked previously. I had a good deal @ Holland & Barrett on Argan oil treatment, I think it was £5
If you could go into more detail on the curl type then maybe I can give some recommendations on fighting the frizz & what products will help.
Alexandralocks21/11/2019 15:03

If you could go into more detail on the curl type then maybe I can give …If you could go into more detail on the curl type then maybe I can give some recommendations on fighting the frizz & what products will help.

39054947-rRM4H.jpg
39054947-5tiZN.jpg
Hello there. Check if those pictures help to describe the type of hair. She is from Spain that may matters... Thank you for your help
I also like Cantu but im thinking from the pic their products might weigh down the curl so thanks for posting a pic, makes it much easier to reccomend a product when you can identify what your hair needs. There is a link below, they aren't cheap these products but having personally used them myself I can say this range of products will suit your partner's curl pattern.

Buy one get one half price

boots.com/she…725

boots.com/she…722

Or 3 for 2 on superdrug

superdrug.com/She…nse

I would also reccomend she does a weekly treatment to hydrate against this tough cold weather. Also after washing avoid towel drying. Find a soft old t shirt and wrap your hair. If you have to dry it, use a diffuser and use on lowest setting till 60-70% percent dry. Use more product when your finished drying. And a small amount to it, scrunch the curls and don't touch it too much after you've put a last bit of product after drying.

superdrug.com/Nat…565

Also in sachet size incase she doesn't want to commit to a full size before trying.

Definitely worth the price especially on superdrug with the three for two. A little goes a long way with these products.
Family owned and fair trade.
No sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no paraffin, no mineral oil, no synthetic colours & No petrolatum. These products will beneficiary for the long-term maintainance.

If you would like to spend less or would like any more reccomentaions please comment further.
Your recommendation are unbelievable good. I didn't know I will get such a great response from you and the other people. Really appreciate your effort and time to send it all so so clear. I will definitely buy those products so that she can try them as well as suggest her your tips.

Maybe a black Friday deal will make them cheaper Haha.

Do you use something every morning when you wake up? Or do just use spray water?
I_Mu21/11/2019 16:18

Your recommendation are unbelievable good. I didn't know I will get such a …Your recommendation are unbelievable good. I didn't know I will get such a great response from you and the other people. Really appreciate your effort and time to send it all so so clear. I will definitely buy those products so that she can try them as well as suggest her your tips. Maybe a black Friday deal will make them cheaper Haha. Do you use something every morning when you wake up? Or do just use spray water?

Yeah water is a good idea and a small amount of product, again scrunching the curls to form their shape.

Not sure if Black Friday will be cheaper but you never know really. The cheapest I've ever got them is half price. Always check boots/superdrug online to see which one is offering the best price.
Alexandralocks21/11/2019 19:06

Yeah water is a good idea and a small amount of product, again scrunching …Yeah water is a good idea and a small amount of product, again scrunching the curls to form their shape. Not sure if Black Friday will be cheaper but you never know really. The cheapest I've ever got them is half price. Always check boots/superdrug online to see which one is offering the best price.

39145478-GXMxC.jpg
Got them lol. What product do you recommend for styling? Thanks
I_Mu27/11/2019 19:53

[Image] Got them lol. What product do you recommend for styling? Thanks

Thats nice, your hair will love those products Well worth the money. Do you prefer a cream or gel texture??
Alexandralocks27/11/2019 20:43

Thats nice, your hair will love those products Well worth the …Thats nice, your hair will love those products Well worth the money. Do you prefer a cream or gel texture??

She normally use a mousse but it's mainstream. What would you recommend? Thank you
I_Mu27/11/2019 22:35

She normally use a mousse but it's mainstream. What would you recommend? …She normally use a mousse but it's mainstream. What would you recommend? Thank you

I would recommend two products that help the curls to form.

That's more a cream styler, sold out on boots online but you may find it in store..you can also use a small amount the next day when wetting your hair. Need to buy one of these myself for some reason boots will not be getting anymore in stock but I think Amazon sells them too.

boots.com/ors…749

There is a gel also from the same range, it's abit sticky at first but once it settles in the hair it's a good gel.

boots.com/cur…220?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Organic+Root+Stim-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Beauty+-+Mobile&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4LPa2MuL5gIVRrDtCh1jYAoREAQYASABEgL24_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This one I haven't tried this one but the reviews are good.

boots.com/cur…217

Let me know how you get on and if you need any further advice.
Alexandralocks28/11/2019 00:02

I would recommend two products that help the curls to form.That's more a …I would recommend two products that help the curls to form.That's more a cream styler, sold out on boots online but you may find it in store..you can also use a small amount the next day when wetting your hair. Need to buy one of these myself for some reason boots will not be getting anymore in stock but I think Amazon sells them too.https://www.boots.com/ors-curls-unleashed-shea-butter-and-honey-curl-defining-creme-453-6g-10197749There is a gel also from the same range, it's abit sticky at first but once it settles in the hair it's a good gel. https://www.boots.com/curl-amplifying-gel-souffle-curl-amplifying-gel-souffle-10217220?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Organic+Root+Stim-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Beauty+-+Mobile&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4LPa2MuL5gIVRrDtCh1jYAoREAQYASABEgL24_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.dsThis one I haven't tried this one but the reviews are good. https://www.boots.com/curl-enhancing-smoothie-10217217Let me know how you get on and if you need any further advice.

Wow! Great post again! Really appreciate it!! You are the best! Thank you so much, I'll buy one of those. Thank you
I_Mu28/11/2019 20:07

Wow! Great post again! Really appreciate it!! You are the best! Thank you …Wow! Great post again! Really appreciate it!! You are the best! Thank you so much, I'll buy one of those. Thank you

Aww thank you You're very welcome. Hope the products I recommend work for you. #Curlycurls
Edited by: "Alexandralocks" 28th Nov
Alexandralocks28/11/2019 21:23

Aww thank you You're very welcome. Hope the …Aww thank you You're very welcome. Hope the products I recommend work for you. #Curlycurls

m.mankind.co.uk/ely…r=1

Check it out 50% off
I_Mu30/11/2019 18:38

https://m.mankind.co.uk/elysium.search?search=shea&pageNumber=1Check it …https://m.mankind.co.uk/elysium.search?search=shea&pageNumber=1Check it out 50% off

Thanks that's good prices..What's the delivery like?
Alexandralocks30/11/2019 22:37

Thanks that's good prices..What's the delivery like?

NEver order there but I will. Please let me know the best product there for styling hair. It's amazing, they got so many brands.
I_Mu01/12/2019 00:52

NEver order there but I will. Please let me know the best product there …NEver order there but I will. Please let me know the best product there for styling hair. It's amazing, they got so many brands.

It took me awhile to go through so many products. I usually stick to brands I know unless I check some reviews online. What kind of product of styler you want? Gel, creme, smoothie or leave in. What do you want the styler to achieve the most condition the hair or set the curl. You didn't mention your curl type before. You don't want to overload your hair. I can only reccomend what I've personally used really..or heard to be good.
Alexandralocks01/12/2019 20:11

It took me awhile to go through so many products. I usually stick to …It took me awhile to go through so many products. I usually stick to brands I know unless I check some reviews online. What kind of product of styler you want? Gel, creme, smoothie or leave in. What do you want the styler to achieve the most condition the hair or set the curl. You didn't mention your curl type before. You don't want to overload your hair. I can only reccomend what I've personally used really..or heard to be good.

WE actually found two products that we think it will work they are
I_Mu01/12/2019 20:15

https://www.feelunique.com/p/Wella-Professionals-EIMI-Nutricurls-Curl-Shaper-150ml?curr=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAiA5o3vBRBUEiwA9PVzandDUelP6HcPaNjY02slKxzF3DXQVLZDR_ieXHB9kd8ctBgA7YmBexoC_FYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds and that one in a different website. Have you tried them?

I haven't tried that website. But I think they are okay, more well known.
Alexandralocks01/12/2019 20:11

It took me awhile to go through so many products. I usually stick to …It took me awhile to go through so many products. I usually stick to brands I know unless I check some reviews online. What kind of product of styler you want? Gel, creme, smoothie or leave in. What do you want the styler to achieve the most condition the hair or set the curl. You didn't mention your curl type before. You don't want to overload your hair. I can only reccomend what I've personally used really..or heard to be good.

My partner has thin, curly and frizzy hair.
I'm not sure about the products you found. The reason I stay with the brands I know is I know they work and have no chemicals or other nasties. The sheamoisture shampoo that you bought has the gel from the same range that is quite good, I've used it myself it tames frizz and defines curls.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants