Best Raspberry Pi Setup for classic games

Found 24th Nov 2017
I'd like to setup a rasberry pi to play old classic games can someone suggest the best setup on whats needed, like best case, best controllers, what you need, thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

Define what you mean by 'best' ?

For the 'best' experience you'll want a 4:3 CRT TV something like a Sony Trinitron or a Bang and Olufsen but that obviously isn't for everyone. An arcade stick and buttons with micro switches will give the 'best' experience and feel like an old arcade cabinet, again this is not for everyone.

The best thing I can suggest is a genuine Raspberry Pi power supply as a minimum, you don't necessarily need a case either, I just have mine bare sat behind the TV.

Original Poster

paulj4852 m ago

Define what you mean by 'best' ? For the 'best' experience you'll want a …Define what you mean by 'best' ? For the 'best' experience you'll want a 4:3 CRT TV something like a Sony Trinitron or a Bang and Olufsen but that obviously isn't for everyone. An arcade stick and buttons with micro switches will give the 'best' experience and feel like an old arcade cabinet, again this is not for everyone.The best thing I can suggest is a genuine Raspberry Pi power supply as a minimum, you don't necessarily need a case either, I just have mine bare sat behind the TV.

Best in people who have them opinion,

So you need
Raspberry PI 3
Sd Card (have)
Power supply
and then last thing controllers, what are best wireless controllers available)

Creatish1 h, 35 m ago

Best in people who have them opinion, So you need Raspberry PI 3Sd Card …Best in people who have them opinion, So you need Raspberry PI 3Sd Card (have)Power supplyand then last thing controllers, what are best wireless controllers available)

I have a few, one of them is in a bar top arcade cabinet with a 19” 4:3 display and a 2 player arcade stick setup upgraded with Cherry micro switches, genuine PSU, Samsung Evo 128GB card running a version of RetroPie with the Motion Blue version of attract mode.

Regarding wireless controllers, you can use many types and may already have one, PS4 Xbox etc. If not the 8BitDo controllers seem quite good
Post a comment
@
    Text